Life times three.

Miao Lu tiptoed out of her Masters' bedroom early in the morning, leaving them hugging and sleeping. She returned to her own room to find Bai Li there. She had brought fresh clothes for her and also had prepared a hot bath for her – a smaller and simpler one, true, but still she was grateful for this.

- Ah, good morning, girl! – Bai Li grinned. – How was your night, eh?

Miao Lu looked at her smiling face and suddenly broke down in sobs. Bai Li got worried.

- My, my, was it so bad? Were the Masters rough with you? Are you hurting?

The girl shook her head, but could not speak. The older woman led her to the bath-tub and helped her get inside – the warmth of the water would help her relax.

After a couple of minutes Miao Lu caught her breath and said:

- I am not in pain... the Master was so gentle with me, Li-jie. But it was so sad... I feel so sad... I feel like I am breaking up a family... They really love each other so much, Li-jie... - she looked up at Bai Li, her eyes brimming with tears.

- I told you, pet. I told you. Both Masters are making a great sacrifice right now. But they really want a child. Especially Master Wei... his soul is empty ever since the Young Master Lan is not living with us any more. – she sighed.

- I hope I get pregnant soon. Very soon. These nights are going to be a torture. For all three of us. - Miao Lu sighed too.

Bai Li caressed her hair and helped her wash her back. Then letting her get dressed, she offered:

- I am going to get the Masters' breakfast ready and will bring you some tea. You should rest today. Should I tell Hanguang-Jun that you are not feeling well today? He will understand.

- No. No... thank you. I am fine, really. – she sighed. – Although I am not sure if I can go through the same thing again tonight.

- The Masters will probably want to be alone tonight, trust me. – Bai Li winked. – Let's hope they are in a good mood today – whenever they fall out, or fight, all servants dare not breathe. Hanguang-Jun can be very scary, I've seen it.

**
Miao Lu was just getting dressed when she heard a gentle knock on her door. She tied the belt over her robe hastily and opened up to see a smiling Wei Wuxian. He bowed a little and said:

- Good morning, LuLu! I am just here to ask you how you feel?

Miao Lu blushed and bowed in return.

- Thank you, Master. I am fine. Li-jie is very kind to me... she is spoiling me really. As are you, Master.... – she murmured shyly.

- Should I ask her to bring you breakfast in bed? Do you need to stay in bed today? – he asked confused. – Forgive me, I know very little about girls... - Wei Ying laughed awkwardly.

Miao Lu shook her head – was this the scary Yiling Patriarch of the legends?

- Master, I really am fine. Thank you for being so kind to me... and... thank you for last night... I ... will never forget it. – she blushed and bowed deeply.

Wei Ying blushed too – he hadn't thought about it in such a way – but he remembered how people say that a girl never forgets her first time. He coughed slightly and said:

- I wish things were different... But we do not choose whom we love.

She nodded sadly.

- If you need anything – let me know, or let Bai Li know. I would recommend you give Lan Zhan a little time. It is hard for him. Very hard.

She bowed again and murmured:

- I am sorry. I don't want to see you or Master Lan sad, Wei Qianbei. You have been nothing but good to me.

- Join us for breakfast in the Blue Room, LuLu. Lan Zhan is not a baby, he can handle this. – he grinned, leaving her at the door, wondering how old he might be. He had the boyish charm and cheer of a 20-year-old. The legends of the Battle of the Nightless City were dated even before she was born. Both her Masters were over 40 now, maybe 50 even, immortality kept them young.

She sighed and got dressed, wondering if breakfast had been served already. She had never had so many clothes to choose from, and now was looking at her reflection in the mirror. Her cheeks were flushed and she put a little dye on her lips too – she wanted to look pretty for her Masters.

She was just walking out the door when she met a servant and asked him to take her to the Blue Room. When she entered, Bai Li was serving the tea. She bowed and greeted:

- Good morning, Masters.

Wei Ying flashed a grin in her direction, but Lan Wangji would not look up. She bit her lip but moved carefully to sit at the table too. She was sipping on her tea, and only taking small bits – she wasn't hungry. She felt rather exhausted after last night.

Wei Wuxian was watching her and exclaimed:

- Oh, no no, Flower Girl! You need to feed properly and be strong. Please! Especially today! – he smiled.

She nodded and bowed a little, stealing a quick look at Lan Wangji, but his face was cast in stone. Wei Ying noticed that and said quietly:

- Lan Zahn , I hope we won't make this more awkward than it already is.

No answer.

Wei Ying squirmed his way between his long sleeves and moved to sit into his lap. Miao Lu was watching them with her mouth open.

- My love, it's not her fault. Right? – Wei Ying was murmuring, kissing his cheeks and caressing his hair. Lan Zhan did not even flinch, but blushed.

- We wanted this too... I know you want this too... A baby of our own, Lan Zhan... A precious little baby that will have your eyes, my heart.... – he was hugging him, kissing his neck gently.

Lan Zhan looked into his eyes but said nothing.

- Ah, Hanguang-Jun... do it for me? Don't you love me? – Wei Ying smiled and bit into the soft part of his ear lightly.

Defeated, Lan Wangji murmured longingly:

- Wei Ying....

His hands tightened their grip around Wei Wuxian's waist and they kissed fully and deeply, letting out little sounds and moans of pleasure, not noticing the world around them at all, living in a world of their own.

The young woman was strangely aroused by this scene. If Hanguang-Jun was as gentle with her as he was with his husband – she had nothing to fear. But then she remembered Bai Li's stories – that those two were not too gentle with each other - and she shivered.

She had never in her life seen two people so engulfed in each other, so deeply loving and yearning for each other. She was pretty sure that if the roof was on fire at that very moment, those two would not notice and would just continue to give away and receive each other's love and devotion.

She was blushing, wondering whether to get out of the room or stay, when she heard Hanguang-Jun's voice:

- Miao Lu, you can rest in your room tonight. If you need anything – let the housekeeper know.

He lifted Wei Ying up as if he was a child, and they locked themselves in the  master bedroom. For the day.

Miao Lu could only gape, speechless. Bai Li had been right.