That's when good Neighbors...

Growing up, I spent far too much time watching the Australian soap opera Neighbors. 

And when I say growing up, I'm roughly referring to the period between the ages of 5 and err, 22 That was half an hour per day. And if you do the maths, which I'm clearly not going to, that's a lot of time.

Lets start at the start when I was at my granny's and my cousins introduced me to it. They were hooked mainly because 'Scott was gorgeous' but unfortunately he was marrying Charlene which they were not happy about.  

While other children were running around outside or developing their social skills, playing educational games, learning the art of polite conversation over the sandpit, reading an educational book or two with their educational parents; learning how to ride a bike etc, I was swept up in the melodramatic lives of Scott and Charlene, Madge and Harold, Henry and Danni and Mrs Mangle, Helen Daniels and Hannah, (pronounced 'Henna') Jim, Paul Robinson and Lou Carpenter and Bouncer the dog Paul Robinson was evil and owned Lassators in Erinsborough. It's worth pointing out here that I  didn't know what Lassitors was. To be honest, I thought it was a secret swimming pool with nice hedges around it. 

Things developed when I got to secondary school and Karl, Susan, Libby, Mal and Billy moved into the street. Then quite a bit later there was Jo and Lynne, Steph, Flick and Michele. When I came out of my Art History A level having done two questions in the same section, I was comforted by the terrible time Libby was having with her husband Drew having died or perhaps she was in the middle of a bitter dispute with Cody who was a different person than who she was at first. And when Karl had the affair with Izzy, and Susan confronted him on the street, well, oh my.