Part 2

This was originally a one shot, but I got inspiration and it was requested I continue it. So here we go!

Video is not mine, it helped inspired this part. But I really should make an Elena × Mateo video. Can't believe I haven't made one yet!

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

The stars were scattered across the night sky. To most, they were a beautiful sight to merely gaze at, or perhaps study when it came to Isabel. However, to Elena and Mateo, they acted as a beautiful (definitely romantic) scenery for their late night picnic.

Dating in secret was something they had done the past five months. The only people that knew was Isabel, Naomi and Gabe. Elena told Naomi and Gabe had walked in on Elena and Mateo kissing. Of course he promised not to say anything. After that, Elena and Mateo became more careful and kept their relationship only for the night on late night dates. Or the rare chance they were on a trip alone together.

Elena giggled when she saw that Mateo had a little icing from the cupcakes on his mouth.

"What?" Mateo grinned.

"Here..." she took a napkin and cleaned it off for him. "There. Better."

"Oh." He blushed, embarrassed that he had made a mess. It only made Elena laugh more.

She sighed. "We better go back... we have another day of work ahead of us..." she flopped back on the grass and looked up at the sky.

Mateo laid down next to her. He rested his head on his hands. "Maybe just a little longer? We might not be able to get away for a few weeks."

"I hate this. We shouldn't hide this, but what will they do?"

"Hey, technically, you're not supposed to marry anyone that didn't fit the status quo. Nothing said dating was commomers was wrong," Mateo joked.

"That's true." Elena chuckled. She put her hand in his, keeping her eyes on the sky; but she could feel that her heart was beating in sync with his from the pulse in his hand. Closing her eyes, she let the moment sink in.

When she opened her eyes, the sun was overhead. She blinked several times before she realized what happened. Elena jumped up, not realizing that Mateo's head had been resting on her. His head thumped on the ground and he jumped away amid snore.

"Huh, what?"

"Mateo! We fell asleep!" Elena cried.

"I'm so fired!" Matter grabbed his hair. "You're Abuelo is going to kill me if they put two and two together!"

"Calm down. Maybe they haven't missed us yet. If they ask questions, I was helping find a special flower for a spell, but we couldn't find it."

"Great, but why so early?"

"It only blooms in the early morning? Surely there's a flower like that."

"Yes, but I don't remember the name." Mateo let out a deep breath. "Gabe will never let me live this down... Ok, we better head back. Hopefully we can get cleaned up before anyone sees us."