Chapter 20

Y/n was terrified when she heard what Yona's trial was to retrieve a medicinal plant that only grew on the side of a cliff by the shore. Yona was gone for about an hour, but to her sister it felt like hours. With much determination and courage she was able to complete the task. Jeaha found it was her care for others that kept her moving forward even though she trembled on the side of the cliff.

Y/n's eyes lit up when her sister appeared back at the top of the cliff, without any serious injuries.

"Yona." Y/n ran up to her and hugged her, Yun followed close behind. Hak let out a sigh of relief when he saw Yona was unharmed. There was no time to celebrate when Gi-Gan walked up to Yona.

"Where's the plant?" She said in a gruff voice.

"Right here." Yona held out the small flower in her hand.

"Well you proved yourself worthy. So now you can join my crew."

"I can't, Jaeha helped me. I was also thrown off a cliff by a wave by he saved me." Yona confessed.

"So you're giving up?"

"Not A chance. I can prove myself in another way." Yona said. Gi-Gan began to laugh at her statement.

"You got a lot of guts, you passed. We need people like you who will stick by their comrades even when they are backed in a corner. You're just the type of dumbass I want on my crew." Gi-Gand said. The crew started cheering and everyone else was surprised.

Y/n took a seat on the ground and Hak rubbed his face with his hands.

"There's that expression, she always makes you so overwhelmed." Jaeha said walking up to Hak and stood next to the tired y/n.

"You're one to talk looks like 10 years were added to your face today."

"What? Impossible!" Jaeha said in a whiny voice. "She was so desperate and unsteady, clinging to the cliff. Watching her probably wasn't good for my heart."

"You sound like you're pretty into her." Y/n said as she looked up at the two men. Jaeha began to turn red as Hak gave him glare.

"What I'm into is pretty girls, anytime, anywhere. Although I've never met one just like her. It must be tiring being her bodyguard."

"It's exhausting, but it's my responsibility." Hake said with a smile.

Y/n laid down on the grass and closed her eyes. This day had been so stressful, she started seeing her sister in a new light. Yona became more and more capable of taking care of herself. Y/n thought she would never see that day. When she opened her eyes Sinha was standing over her, she gave him a smile.

"Are you okay?" He asked

"Mhm, you are always so worried about me Sinha." She laughed.

Gi-Gan brought the group back to the ship to discuss the plan of attack. With Yung Keum-ji's ships gathering in the ports Gi-Gan knew they needed to act quickly. Yona learned he was a human traffic leader who needed to be taken down. The plan was Yona, Yun, y/n were going to pose as girls looking for work. They were going to have to get captured by Yung Keum-ji in order to infiltrate them. Hak was obviously against it, putting two of his princesses in danger was a huge red flag. He voiced his concern but was quickly shut down by Yona who knew she could do it.

Y/n knew she was there to protect Yun and Yona. She had the most fighting experience and could fight back if it was needed. Y/n decided to step away from the battle plans and go back to their group's cabin that they were occupying. She opened the door and saw Sinha inside.

"You okay?" Y/n asked Sinha who was sitting in a cabin by himself. He was curled in a ball and lifted his head up when y/n spoke. He responded by shaking his head and waving to her to come closer to him. She did so and sat down next to him and slowly pulled her into his lap. She smiled at him and let him do his thing.

"Sinha what's on your mind? Tell me." Y/n asked. Based on his change in mannerisms, she could tell something was wrong.

"I'm worried for you. This mission is dangerous and I don't want anything to happen to you." Sinha said in a soft voice. He was playing with y/n's hands as tried to convey his feelings.

"I know, believe me I'm worried too. I promise I will come back to you."

"I can't lose you, everyone who has cared about me is gone. I care too much about you and I'm scared to let you go... I love you." Sinha said.

"I'm speechless Sinha. I love you too and I will come back to you." She moved his mask slightly to the side and kissed him on the cheek. Sinha's cheeks turned bright red. This had been the first time y/n told someone she loved them since Ban. Somehow Sinha made her forget the tragedy and experience a whole new feeling of love with him.

"Can I?" Y/n asked and Sinha nodded. She slowly took off Sinha's mask and experienced seeing his face clearly for the first time. His stunning golden eyes were staring back into her e/c ones. She slowly brought her hand up to his cheek and let her fingertips brush his soft skin. He leaned into her touch and stayed there for a moment. He moved forward and kissed her on the forehead.

"What's going on with her?" Hak suddenly burst through the door. The two lovebirds jumped apart and Sinha put his mask back on.

"Hak stop standing in the doorway." Yona said as she push him out of the way but he was frozen in place. He knew what he saw, and he was trying to process it.

"Move out of the way lightning beast." Yun whined. Gija came up behind him and pushed him out of the way. Hak stumbled out of the way and everyone else entered the cabin. Hak finally snapped out of it and made a mental note to keep an eye on those two. After some small talk, the group decided to go to bed.