chapter two

Scarlett and Carter have been hanging out everyday for the past two weeks now, no one at work is suspicious, well except for Monica. Monica is still mad at Scarlett even though Monica is the one who started the whole situation. "Good afternoon Scarlett." Monica said. "Afternoon Monica." Scarlett said. "Let's get one thing straight." "I don't know who you're talking to like that. Because its damn sure not me." "Bitch. Are you fucking Carter?" Monica asked.

Scarlett knew what to do, and she did it immediately. Respond confidently. "What in the fuck are you talking about? I barely even speak to Carter." "Quit lying." "I'm not lying. You can ask anyone in here. Matter of fact. Whitney how often do I talk to Carter?" "I've only seen you talk to him once. And I work four days a week." "Just because yall dont talk, dont mean yall dont fuck." Monica said. "Monica we know what this is about..... you're mad because you have a crush on Carter which is weird because you are old enough to be his mother. Its DISGUSTING that you are accusing her of sleeping with him." Whitney said. "I don't have a crush on Carter." Monica said. "So you coming up to him, alwaya tryna start a conversation, laughing, making sex jokes, looking at his ass all the time, you even just blatantly talk about sex around him, and calling him boo thats not flirting?" Whitney said. "I dont do that shit." Monica said clearing lying. "Ive been here six years, you've been here four, I know what you do. I know what you say. I know how people like you are. Now shut the fuck up, and get back to making wings." Whitney said. "You arent my boss I dont gotta do a goddamn thing you say." Monica said. "I am though." Mark the shift manager said. "Stop starting shit. Leave the poor girl alone. And yes you do all those things." He added. "Girls, go seat those people." "Yes sir." They said. "Thank you Whitney." Scarlett said walking away. "Oh you're welcome girl. I hate that bitch but unfortunately shes not gonna get fired." "Why won't she get fired?" "Molly which is one of the managers is her daughter. You probably havent seen or met Molly yet shes on vacation." "Oh." "Yeah and Molly has been here for like ten years. Shes the only manager who started working shortly after it opened up. So she has alot of say of who gets fired, but if the owner doesnt agree with it then the person stays. So just don't get on her bad side, well don't get on Carters bad side." "I dont plan on fucking anything up while working here. I really like everyone here, good pay, really good tips." "Good." "But thanks for letting me know that information." "You're welcome!" Whitney said.

The next day Carter comes over to Scarlett's house unexpectedly. "Hello? What are you doing here?" Scarlett asked opening the door. "Can I talk to you?" "Yeah, come in. What's wrong?" "Mark told me what happened. I'm really sorry she did that to you." "Its fine." "No, its not. You shouldn't be treated like that. You don't deserve to be treated like that." "I promise it's okay." "No it's actually not, I think we need to stop seeing each other." "Wait what?" Scarlett asked tearfully. "I'm sorry. I like you alot, but I don't want you going through this shit." "Then do something about her!! Not me!" Scarlett cried. "You know, its fucking weird. Monica's secret comes out, and its honestly not even a secret, it's obvious she likes you. And now you're here after that shit went down, breaking up with me." "This isn't a break up. We never dated." "Carter, we've hung out everyday since that night you came over. We kiss, we make out, we hold hands. We do couple shit. So yeah you're breaking up with me."  "Im sorry Scarlett."  He said walking up to her.   "What are you doing?" She asked.  Carter didn't say anything except kiss her on her four head.   "Fuck you." She said fighting back her tears. 

She went to work a few days later and she looked like a complete mess. "Scarlett are you okay?" Whitney asked. "Yeah, I just didn't get much sleep last night."  "Try benadryl take two and you'll sleep like a baby."  "I'll have to try that."   "You really should but go make that money."  "Thanks." Scarlett said. She did the exact opposite.  She made fifty dollars that night.  And normally its more than double that. 

"Carter, she don't look good."  Whitney said.  "She probably just didn't get any sleep."  "Thats what she told us but I feel like she's going through something a breakup, maybe someone in her family isn't doing well."  "If she tells you she didn't get any sleep that's probably what it is, stop looking deep into things, I've know you for six years. I know this is what you do."   "You're right.  But if she looks like this tomorrow, Ima assume shit." "I understand that." He said.