Do Not Cry : Potions

After Transfiguration for Rose, it was Double Potions and it was with Slytherins! "Oh no, Scorp will be there," Rose thought. But anyway she entered the class.

"Greetings students!" said Professor Tugwood.

"Today, I will be pairing up with partners." Rose and Scorpius glanced at each other. As she was calling everyone's name, it was Rose's turn. Rose and Scorpius were paired up. Scorpius moved to her place to work. They took sneaky glances but never talked or had eye contact.

"Today, we will be doing the laughing potion. Now, take your cauldron and start to brew with a laugh" Professor said, with a laugh.

Rose and Scorpius started with complete silence. They talked only when necessary like "Can you get me the Spring Water?" and Rose would reply, "Sure"

Though Rose was not so good in Potions, Scorpius was. There were few arguments... more like disagreements. Rose was annoyed when Scorpius instructed something.

"Stir slowly."

"I am. Can't you see?"

"Be patient"

And then there was... "Rose, don't put that."

"Why? The book says to add three knarl quills. And that's what I am doing. Can't you see?"

Scorpius sighed. "The knarl quills must be of the same size, no more, no less. Books don't always give the exact steps to follow, sometimes we have to use our brains." He said signalling to his forehead.

Then, the book instructed to laugh.

"Scorpius, the book says us to laugh, do you have any tricks to not to do this?"

Scorpius replied, "No, we have to laugh as the book has instructed." Rose felt quite awkward to do this because she didn't feel like laughing.

Noticing Rose's hesitation, he joked," How does Albus get rid of itching?..... With quit-itch." The whole class stared at them now. And there was complete silence. Even the Smoky-eyed Professor was looking at the pair and Albus. Albus went to Scorpius to scold him on why he was pulling him in his jokes. But then Rose suddenly started laughing. It wasn't just a small laugh. She laughed as if there had been a cheering spell put up. Albus was astonished. He hasn't seen her laughing so hard without thinking about it a second. Scorpius felt happy because he made Rose laugh. This somewhat made butterflies flying in his stomach. Scorpius too joined in her laughter, and soon the whole class laughed along with them. Professor Tugwood smiled and continued to do her duty.

---------

A/N: I hope you liked this part. Do you think it's short? Should I write or is this ok?