Drarry Plot Part One

A few days later, we were sitting outside. We had decided we could be friends publicly, mainly because we were tired of hiding stuff. We were leaving school this year, anyway, so it's not like they could be blackmailed with all that hierarchy stuff for much longer. I was braiding flowers into Dray's hair. It was adorable.

"Granger, shove off," he grumbled. "It feels like it looks stupid."

"It doesn't." Astoria assured him. "It makes you look like the soft little angel cinnamon roll we know you to be."

"So, stupid."

I finished the last braid and tied it off. It was strategically placed on the back of his head, so he would have a lot of trouble removing it later.

"Who's next?" I asked slyly.

Blaise and Theo shook their heads firmly, and Astoria was busy doing mine, so I turned to Pansy.

"No." She said firmly.

I pulled her down next to me anyway. Instead of doing braids, I wove the remaining clovers into a crown. The white blooms looked beautiful against her raven hair.

"Is your new mission in life to embarrass us all to death, Mione?"

I shrugged. "Maybe."

"Well then, I want to return the favor. Tori, let me have a turn with Granger's hair."

I sat up, deciding to cooperate. Pansy began running a comb through my hair, pulling out the braids Astoria had done. Where she had gotten the comb, I had no idea. It felt nice, having my hair braided. I always had to do it myself, because it was thick and took so long.

And it was especially nice that it was Pansy doing the braiding. This had nothing to do with how patient she was, and how she never pinched or pulled, and how relaxing it felt. Nor did this have anything to do with the tingles running down my back from her touch. It definitely didn't have to do with the thought that this was very couple-y behavior and the hopeful idea that she had growing feelings for me as well.

But something I did know was that I did, unfortunately, have feelings for her. I came to this conclusion in a rather embarrassing way a few days ago. We were taking a pop quiz in class. The seating arrangements had been switched to avoid cheating, so I ended up right behind Pansy. For some reason I was having trouble concentrating.

And then I realized that was because I was studying Pansy instead of the quiz, the way she was twisting her hair around her fingers and tilting her head ever so slightly. And then a pour of thoughts about Pansy rushed into my head in a stream that I had blocked off weeks ago. Her dark eyes. Smirking, biting her lips, pouting overdramatically. Sarcasm and sugary sweetness. Her kindness towards me and her other friends; the side she showed so few people. Winks and eyerolls. Self-satisfaction and annoyance. The way I felt like she understood me better than so many people. How she matched me in intelligence. The way whenever she did anything remotely attractive it gave me the urge to do something stupid. Shit. I wanted to kiss her. A lot. I was head-over-heels for Pansy Parkinson. Fuck.

I didn't realize I'd sworn aloud until McGonagall was standing over me, looking scandalized, along with the rest of the class. Harry and Ron looked flummoxed. I did not swear. Well, not around them.

"Would you care to explain yourself, Miss Granger?" McGonagall demanded sharply.

"I'm sorry, Professor. I just - had a thought."

"Well I should hope you were having thoughts, Granger, otherwise all your schooling would be a waste!" She looked over her spectacles at me. "Two points from Gryffindor for language. Now, back to work, everyone!"