Ch. 4 - Chemical Romance

It's like the blanket in the cold, Stretch it or Shrink inside it... It will never be enough. Pull it or push it... It will never cover the body.... They cover us in it when we born... Then from cold nights to icy sunrise, as we cry, lie and die, it never leaves us.
She was there trying her hardest to survive this cold in that small blanket she was provided. I just wanted to hug her to keep her warm and forget about the cold. But some things are not in our hands.

One more week later, she return to her home but she didn't picked up any of my calls. So I went up to her apartment, trying to stay positive... But Her nurse didn't let me in, she kept saying that chloe doesn't want to meet me or anyone. I yelled, I requested..  I did all that but she didn't listen. The only answer I got is to Turn away but there was no way I was gonna listen to that. So I forced my way in.. ran upto her room and opened the door.

Ethan - "(Gasps) Hey, chloe.. what happened? Didn't you heard me yelling your name?"

She was sitting there staring out of the window wearing cood clothes and the wig I gave her. She was looking more pale and weak... And there was no brightness in her eyes and no smile on her dry lips.

Ethan - "Hey... So you are wearing that wig! Told ya.. it's gonna look good on you... Hey speak up!"

[She turns at him and speak in breaking voice that sounded like a dry forest who never felt the drop of water in decades]

Chloe - "Why are you here?"

Ethan - "Why am I here? I am here to meet ya.. it's been two weeks!"

Chloe - "No, Why are you here... With me. I know I called your mum but you can bail out."

Ethan - "I told you.. I don't know. I could say because you are my friend but... I just want it. I wanna be with you here till you get well again... Now what happened in the hospital? Because last time I left you... You were laughing.. you looked happy."

Chloe - "Do you think that my stars are broken?"

Ethan - "Stars, what are you saying?"

Chloe - "My mum used to say that our life moves by our stars but looks like mines are broken. My parents got killed then I got away from only friend I had and then I had to spend my life in a house listening to cuss words daily and now I am dying-"

Ethan - "No you are not dying.. It'll all be over soon. People survive cancer and you will too. I am here for ya.."

Chloe - "Don't Patronize me.. just don't!"

Ethan - "I am not... I know it's hard, Just keep it together."

Chloe - "I wish I could rewrite my stars."

Ethan - "What happened in the hospital? Did they said something?"

Chloe - "My body is numb from all the drugs... Everything feels soggy and You should go.. I didn't wanted you to see me like this."

Ethan - "I don't care.. I don't wanna have any regrets So it's not for you but for me that I am here."

I thought it was only drugs but then she just looked down and removed that wig. I knew that people have to shave their head in cancer but I didn't think, it was gonna happen to her.

Chloe - "All my hairs abandoned my body... I don't feel like the same person anymore because I am not. I look and feel like a walking corpse. So you should turn away...! I am awful just to see."

Ethan - "Umm.. No you are not awful at all. You are the same Chloe as before just with sore throat and too much negativity but that can be fixed."