A Strange Place, A Strange Man

I awoke. I wanted nothing more than to be in my own house, living my ordinary life, doing normal teenage things and instead, I was here in this strange place with this strange man, regretting the past few days...

I was fully aware of the decisions I was making and the consequences they would have, but it didn't seem to matter in the moment. It was five days after the accident and I clearly wasn't doing well, but I had this delusional bubble wrapped around my head that tricked me into thinking everything would be fine. This is how what happened, happened.

Some popular kids in my school were going out to party I thought I'd tag along for a while and it was all going well until we went to the bar. I'd never had alcohol before (apart from a little at Christmas) and I'd certainly never had it without adult supervision so I was quiet exited about it, maybe a little too excited.

As you've probably guessed, it soon got out of control and the majority of us got drunk and I'm ashamed to say, I was part of the majority. But as it was my first time, my body didn't know how to respond, so things didn't end well. According to Leah (the schools prettiest, most misunderstood, popular nerd), I was going to go back home in a taxi when a twenty-odd year old man started talking to me and instead of taking the taxi, I went home with him. Big mistake.

I froze. What should I do? What could I do? I had a headache and though I'd never been drunk before, it was pretty clear I was hungover. I gathered together the courage to slip out of bed, hoping he wouldn't notice. I got as far as the door before realizing it was locked. What would my grandma think, not only had I just wasted my virginity on an older man, made a fool of myself in front of school bullies and taken the first step towards a ruined life, I will have probably given my gran a heart attack because, in fairness, she just lost her son and daughter-in-law, she couldn't live without me as well. It was only me and gran left because mum and dad had no siblings and both my grand-dads died, so did my grandma on mums side, so now I'm dreading the day gran dies more than ever.