One: Niall

"Haz! Are you ready? And do you know where Zee is?" Niall calls as he tries to pack some spare clothes for Louis while making sure that the toddler doesn't knock something over and hurt himself.

"Zaynie says he doesn't wanna come Papa. And I need to put my shoes on."

Niall sighs. When he's done with stuffing the clothes into the bag, he picks Lou up and hurries up the stairs to Zayn's room. He can hear quiet sniffs through the door so he opens it.
"Zee? Buddy, what's wrong?"

"I don't- I don't wanna go to the party." He sobs. Niall runs his hand through the boy's hair comfortingly.

"That's okay Bud. you don't have to go there. But you can't stay here alone. We're going to go visit grandma with Lou anyway. Harry will be okay with it too.

The boy nods, sniffling a little before he cuddles to his Papa's side.

"Alright, let's go downstairs and get some shoes on, hm?"
Niall adjusts his grip on Louis as he stands up and then offers his other hand to Zayn.

Harry is waiting for them, bouncing up and down in excitement.
"Papaaaaaa! Are we goingggg? We're prolly already late cuz it took you like ageeeessss!"

Niall rolls his eyes and slips his shoes on.
"Do you have your present for Tommy?"

Harry gasps and runs off.
Niall has to laugh when he returns.
He somehow managed to mess up his hair and clothes in those thirty seconds.

"We need to goooooo!" He yells and Niall just takes the car keys and follows him out of the door.

They drop Harry off at the party and head to Niall's parents' house.

Niall feels absolutely drained of all energy and he's so thankful when his mum hands him a cup of tea instead.
He melts into the couch with Zayn cuddled to his side.

It's been hectic. It's been so hectic and he didn't even get time to think about stuff properly. He feels lonely. Not that he IS lonely. He has his three beautiful boys and he has his family. But there's a hole in his heart that he's not sure could be healed.

He blinks the tears that have welled up in his eyes away. He can't let himself be weak.

He glances to his side to see Zayn playing with the hem of his shirt.

"You're sad." he states and for some reason it brings Niall's tears back.

"Yeah Bud. A little bit." he admits and the boy quickly wraps his arms around him. Niall holds him close with tears streaming down his face.

"I miss Mamma too. But don't be sad Papa. You have me and Lou and Haz."

Niall has to smile at that because his eight year old son can read him so well.

"You're an amazing kid, you know that?"

He smiles when he hears giggles and sees Louis running towards them.

He can't believe how fast they're growing up. Few months ago, Louis could barely take few steps without toppling over, but now he's running around happily with no support at all.
"Hi Boo. Where did you leave grandma, you little monster? Niall laughs out loud picking the giggly boy up.

His phone rings not too long after that.
"Hello? Yeah... Okay, I'm coming."
He quickly places Louis on the couch next to Zayn and grabs his keys.

"I need to go pick Haz from the party. He fell playing football and now he's upset. Mum? Can you watch Zee and Lou for a few minutes?"

"Sure, go pick up your clumsy ninja." (I'm sorry, I had to put it in when I saw my this in my middle bar)
He gives her a smile and runs towards the car.

He's back in less than half an hour with a sleeping Harry in his arms.
He carefully lays the boy on the couch and sits down, running his fingers through his curls.

"What happened Papa?" Zayn asks and Niall just then notices that he's sitting on the ground with with a book in his hands.

"He's okay, he just got a little upset because they laughed at him when he fell. Why are you on the floor?"

Zayn shrugs. "I dunno, I like it on the floor."

Niall smiles. He used to do that all the time and he's taken aback by how similar him and Zayn are even though they're not biologically related.

"So, what are you reading?"

"Umm.. The Hobbit. Nana said you liked it when you were little." He giggles at the idea of his father being little causing Niall to chuckle too.

They put on Finding Dory when Harry wakes up and watch it until all of the boys fall asleep.

Woohoo chapter 1 is upppppp! 🎉
Thank you to anyone who reads and votes or comments on this, it means so much.

I love you guyssss byeeeee