➪𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙍𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉. 𝙮𝙤𝙪.

"Because I can tell by the look of your eyes that you're in love."

—— Y/n was currently overthinking their decision of going to S that night

—— Y/n was currently overthinking their decision of going to S that night. Why did they just impulsively agree to Reki?

"God I can be such an idiot sometimes. But Langa does have a beef tonight, and I should at least show him support as his friend." Y/n thought.

Hours later, a pastel pink car had picked them up to go to S. Inside the car was packed with people. There was Reki and Langa sitting in the trunk, Shadow driving at the front, and Miya, that cocky 13-year old y/n decided to call him, was sitting in the middle row.

"You don't mind if I join you right?" Y/n asked Miya politely, slowly squeezing into the other seat in the middle row.

"Go ahead, seat's all yours." Miya nodded, before returning back to his video game on his Nintendo Switch.

"Hi y/n, thanks for watching my beef tonight." Langa spoke up from the back.

"Hey y/n, glad you decided to come. Anyways, you might have seen us talking to the driver, the last time you went to S. That old man's name is Shadow." Reki peeked his head in between the seats, while telling them that information.

However, their faces are within such close proximity that y/n couldn't help but blush a bit.

"God Reki. Can't you see I'm trying to get over you?" Y/n thought to themselves.

"I'm only 24! I'm definitely not an old man!" Shadow fumed from the front seat.

"W-well... nice to meet you Shadow. Thanks for picking me up as well." Y/n thanked him.

"No problem kid, you're the only one who's properly thanked me for driving them. The others are so ungrateful." Shadow coughed to try and grab the attentions of the others, but they were either too deep into a conversation, or way too focused on their game.

"Ahaha... yeah I guess." Y/n chuckled nervously.

And after that short conversation, y/n was left all alone by themselves again.

The only one who didn't truly belong on that car.

—— The race had started a while ago, and the crowd was going wild over each contender to take the lead

—— The race had started a while ago, and the crowd was going wild over each contender to take the lead. There were hollers, yells, and shouts coming from every direction.

It seemed like that particular night everyone was more fired up than usual. Adam, (Miya had ended up explaining to them who he was to y/n), was the formidable founder of S, was having a beef with Langa, who quickly rose to fame within the S community after demonstrating impressive skating techniques.

To be completely honest with themselves, y/n did find themself worry about Langa. After all, the track he skated on was highly dangerous, and so was his opponent.

As the race continued on, it looked like Langa was almost in a trance, from what y/n could tell from watching through a big screen. And when suddenly Langa fell off the cliff, as if in slow motion, everyone at S stopped breathing simultaneously.

Y/n could catch a glimpse at the red head seared beside them, his face displaying layers of emotion like worry, fear, concern.

And love.

They could tell that if Langa were to hit the ground from that height, Reki would be a wreck and never return to himself again.

It was so selfish of y/n to imagine this scenario at that moment, especially when someone was experiencing a near-death situation; but all they could think about was what if it was them that Reki displayed all those feelings for.

What if it was me, who was falling?

Would he love me then?

And as if time had suddenly resumed, Langa managed to grab his skateboard and proceeded to skate down a cliff. Y/n was snapped out of their own trance too.

"What was I thinking?" They thought.

Now, they were too consumed with the suspense of the race, and had forgotten about those thoughts, which were slowly burying themselves into the back of y/n's mind.

—— It ended with Langa Hasegawa winning by a mere half a meter or so, and when he had arrived to the finish line, he leapt into Reki's arm and pulled him in for a kiss

Yeah, it might have hurt y/n a bit, but they could feel happy for them at that moment.

The look of pure bliss and joy on their faces made them feel a little fuzzy on the inside too, so they decided to sketch it down, while everyone else was occupied.

Taking out their handy sketchbook and mechanical pencil, the lines and curves they drew formed figures, humanoids, and faces.

It formed two lovers in love with each other.

They finished the piece, and admired it. Normally, they would feel an inevitable wave of jealousy wash over them, but for some reason it made them feel happy looking at them.

Maybe it was because the bond those two share was more than enough for y/n.

Because at least it made them feel.

"You made me feel."

Status: half-edited

Status: half-edited

A/n: let's ignore the fact I ghosted wattpad for over 3 months and pretend I was here the whole time 😻☝️