chapter 2

The day was a cloudless one, and the man was thankful. For once spending time with his son was going well. No problems, like a nagging ex-wife, or rabid dogs, or hospital visits. If it was not for the wonderful day the man was surprisingly having, he would have sworn to be cursed. No one could possibly have luck as bad as his.
The past year had been tough on him. You could see it wearing down on his very being, creating cayons for wrinkles in his face. His eyes becoming dull. A few streaks of grey in his hair. He was only thirty three for crying out loud!
But within the past year he had caught his wife cheating on him with another woman and had been divorced quicker than he could ask the qustion of "why?", he had to get two rabbies shots due to rabid dogs, his son also needed to go to the hospital three times; Once for the same reason as him and twice because of broken bones caused by freak accidents. And then he had been layed off from his job...
The man let out a sigh and resolved to only think about how good today has been. The bright sun was out and shining brightly, with a gentle breeze blowing just when you started to think it was too hot. The waves of the ocean bit into each other reasurringly. And the Board walk had few people on it today. Today was good.
"Woah! Dad look. Look dad. Dad!" The man looked over at his eight year old son annoyed at the sudden loudness.
"What? What is it?" He asked, following his sons pointed finger to the sky just above the end of the pier. It was swirling. No. There were grey clouds swirling, making a vortex. The dark clouds expanded, till the entire board walk was blocked from the sun.
The man stood up abrubtly, scared and disoriented. It had happened so fast. All the man could think to do was scream "hurricane!"
Other patrons on the board walk had taken notice of the dark clouds above them and began to run for shelter. Those clouds weren't natural. At all. Green and yellow lightning lit them up from inside. The breeze had turned into a frightful howling wind.
The man squiented, still in shock as to what he was seeing. And then he saw it. Three, no four figures dropped from the clouds into the churning water below, and faster than the freak storm had come it disapeared. As if it had never happened and had all been an illusion.

****************
I would just like to say that I hadn't planned on this. If I had had my way I would still be at the fair dancing, and laughing, possibly flirting...but of course. I live in never-never where things never go the way they are supposed to and where things are never impossible. If you can dream it, it's most likely here. There?
I had made the portal to go to a little village only sixty or so miles from the fairgrounds, a village called Carolin Breech. Or maybe it was Catalina branch? Either way, we did not end up in the charming village I had wanted. Oh no. The portal wasn't even functioning correctly during its transportation period. It started out with green mist, and everyone knows that magical portals genrally start with white mist because a blank colored portal leaves more chance for imagination to ignite. It inspires you to visualize what you want instead of what you see.
Then of course came the bumping and the shaking. Portals don't  do that. I have never heard of anyone going through a portal and collecting bruises along the way. And then we just stopped. Just stopped right at the exit door as if being held by some secret force. And then with a woos we were forcefully pushed from within the portal and out into the freezing churning mass of water I currently was trying to find my way out of.
This is most definetly not my idea of fun.
"Skeve!" I yell out. We're did that boy go? He didn't drown did he? No, Skeve knows how to swim. So where then, was that boy? "Skever! Where are you?"
In front of me a head breaks the surface, hair all over the place obscuring the face. But not skeve. This man's hair was much too dark to belong to my little brother. Skeve has almond hair, while this man has midnight black with a glossy, icy looking blue tint. But that might just be the water reflecting.
Another head pops up and I let out a breath I hadn't been aware of holding. Skeve. With a fish. A big one. My confusion must have shown because Skeve said, "I caught a fish for dinner." And then broke out into a big toothy, proud grin.
The other man flipped hid hair back, revealing his piercing pale purplish blue eyes. They looked like stunning glass, or better yet ice. His cheek bones were perfect, and his nose proportional. He opened his syrupy sweet lips and said, "where the fuck am I?"

Okay I know this is kinda really short....but bare with me. I'll have the next part up really soon hopefully. I just want you guys to know that I want to finish this story by the end of the year, but that I also am working on several other stories that I haven't submitted to wattpad, and I've got to work and go to colledge. So please don't get mad or upset if the updates are a little slow. I will try my best to update at least twice a month.... but I can't grantee it.

Thank you for being patient and understanding.
~~ Lauren ♡♡♡