Chapter 4

3rd Person's POV

Dream walked home after the ball, a goofy smile plastered on his face as he remembered the events of the night. Dream turned a corner to his house, all the lights were off so it looked almost abandoned, the wood was run down, the windows had scratches and one was broken, the door looked ready to fall off its hinges. Dream would change nothing about it, maybe spruce it up but that house showed the reality of the world. Dream entered the house and lit a lantern creating a warm light on the house. "Patches?" Dream calls out into the house. Light scattering could be heard in the silent house. A shadow passed through and came closer to Dream. "There you are, I was hoping you were still here." Dream said and picked up the brown cat, he rubbed her white stomach and laid on his back on the couch.

"I have something to tell you." Dream said to Patches, his goofy grin started to come back. "I met the most peculiar man tonight." Dream turned over onto his stomach, Patchees was tilting her head like she was listening. "He wasn't like every other noble I have met. He stayed away from crowds, kept to himself, let me speak my mind, talked to me like we were equals." Dream stretched his arms over his head "There was something about him..." Dream said and sighed at the end. Dream stood up. "Whatever. It's not like I am going to see him again, best to try and forget him." Dream walked to the kitchen, patches followed 'meow' "Oh don't give me that, I will be fine." Dream said and poured the cat food into a bowl, 'meow' Dream sighed and bent down, he placed the cat food on the floor. "I am talking to a cat again." Dream said to no one.

Dream walked upstairs, once he got to his bedroom he unbuttoned the dress. The dress fell to the ground with a plop, Dream stepped out of it not bothering to pick it up. Dream threw on a black shirt and shorts, he flopped onto his bed. Patches came up a few minutes later and snuggled into bed with Dream. Dream and Patches had a soundless night, Dream woke up at dawn because of a knock on the door. Dream fumbled out of bed and almost fell down the stairs, "Ow...fuck" Dream swore quietly. Dream opened the door, a woman with white hair and a red pirate coat was at the door. "Puffy?" Dream said as he got a surprise hug from Puffy "Hello duckling!" Puffy said excitedly as she let herself in. "What are you doing here?" Dream asked. "Well I am only here for today but then I have to leave again."

Puffy walked to the kitchen and started making some coffee. "I am going to Bad's today, I am going to be working at the bakery with him." Puffy hummed and poured 2 cups of coffee. "I cleared away your debt...only took 2 years." Dream mumbled the last part, Puffy didn't react and kept drinking her coffee. "I heard you went to the ball last night, how was it?" Dream smiled into the cup as he drank another sip of coffee. "It was more fun than any other." Puffy looked at Dream like a teenage girl wanting to gossip. "Really?" Dream had a smile on his face. "Yeah...I hung out with the crowned prince the whole evening, we walked around and talked." Puffy's face held a warm smile, she checked her pocket watch. "I must get going, there is still much to be done before my leave. I will see you in 2 weeks. Dream watched Puffy leave the house, the only trace of her was the mud on the floor and an empty cup.

Dream went back up to his bedroom, he changed into a black turtleneck with a dark green sleeveless top over the turtleneck. He also put on brown pants and his combat boots. Dream was supposed to meet Bad at noon so he had time to kill. Dream put some food down for patches and threw on his dark green cloak, he pulled the hood up and left the house. Dream walked into town and planned to buy some groceries for the house. He entered the market, people were setting up their stands. Dream strolled around, looking at all the stands noting where certain items were. Dream felt someone tap him. Dream turned around and came face to face with a curly brown haired male. "Hello! Do you know who I am?" 

Dream looked at the male and gave a nervous laugh "No...Should I?" The man laughed and waved his hand "No, we were never properly introduced. My name is Wilbur, you met my brother." Dreams' eyes widened 'How did he find me?' "Right, well it's nice to meet you. I'm Dream, how can I help you?" Dream gave Wilbur a hand, Wilbur looked down and shook it. "I would like to discuss my brother with you." Dream nodded and followed Wilbur who walked away. "You made my brother smile. I wanted to thank you for that, he has not smiled ever since he learned he was going to be king. My brother doesn't know how to find you and he doesn't want my help so I was wondering if you could go to him."

"Sure, why not. It's not like I have anything better to do than be at the beck and call of the royal family." Dream said sarcastically and started to walk away, Wilbur chuckled again and followed Dream "I can see why he likes you, I am not asking as the eldest prince I am asking as a brother, would you go see my brother again." Dream looked into Wilburs eyes, searching for any hint of hesitation or lie. "I will think about it." Dream said and walked away again this time Wilbur didn't follow him. Dream kept Wilbur's words in his mind as he shopped, Dream met up with Bad at noon. "Hello Dream, you want a job so I am going to let you be my new waiter since my other one just quit!" Bad said with his cheerful voice "Thank you Bad, you are a lifesaver." "aww no problem you muffin." The two friends chatted but Dream had to leave to take care of patches so he waved goodbye to Bad.

Once he got home Dream put away the groceries and cleaned up the house a little. His mind was occupied with Wilbur's words and his offer. Dream told himself it was just a fantasy but he still wanted to visit and find out what's so compelling about the prince. After all, mysteries deserve to be solved. 

(No Review)