2. The shopping trip

The next morning Harry awoke to mrs weasleys voice bellowing through the whole of the burrow. "Good morning everyone. It's the most important day of the summer. Yes that's it, it's time to go to diagon alley. I want you all clean dressed and down for breakfast in 15?minutes otherwise it's going to the pigmy puffs. Except you Harry yours will be waiting for you. Now chop chop" the smile could be heard in her voice as she joked around and began to get breakfast plates up before everyone came downstairs. She'd been trying to make bigger more filling breakfasts since Harry had came in order to put more meat on his bones but in all truth she was scared and angry. Scared at how thin and frail he looked and angry at Dumbledore for letting it get this bad and continuing to do nothing about it.

Harry rubbed his eyes and attempted to stretch. His hand was met with the soft hair of Ron who was curled up hugging him softly. "Morning mate" he mumbled looking up at Harry. It was an unspoken agreement that whenever Harry had a nightmare Ron would climb into his bed and help to calm him down before mrs Weasley heard. He truly was the best friend anyone could ever ask for. "Morning sorry for" before Harry could finish Ron was already standing up glaring at him. "How many times have I told you. You don't need to apologise." Harry nodded softly before they both began to wash and get ready for the day ahead. Harry always waited for Ron to go downstairs before changing. He hated how his body looked, covered in scars and cuts some he couldn't help others he could. But he hated it all and there was nothing he could do but hide it. If mrs Weasley found out he'd be dead for sure. After spending a second lost in his thoughts he stood up and finished getting dressed before heading downstairs and joining everyone else.

"Ah good morning Harry dear come eat eat breakfast is on the table I've made sure none of the feral five have gotten to it" she chuckled as the twins, Ron, Ginny and Arthur all looked up at her "it's true you'd have thought youd never been fed" she laughed and stood up before making Harry sit and eat some food. She poure him some tea and placed the cup in front of him. "Right so the plan for today is divide and conquer." The majority of the weasleys nodded  it was something they had heard every year since they where born.

One by one each person stepped into the fireplace, took a handful of floo powder and threw it ground saying diagon alley. Harry was second to last. He took a deep breath and threw powder. It felt like he being spun and stretched in every direction possible and some he thought impossible. By the time it had finished it left him feeling quite sick and green looking. Once he'd landed Harry fell to the floor scared he would puke if he moved. It took him a second to adjust as he looked about slowly. He noticed Ron and hermione stood above him.

"Harry are you alright you have to be more careful." Hermione said extending a hand worriedly. He took it gratefully and she helped to hoist him up. He immediately steadied himself over a bin and emptied his stomach of its contents.  Hermione rubbed his back and took his glasses off of his face. After a little while he stood up and rubbed his face. "Hey hermione when did you get here?" He asked as if nothing had happened. Hermione rolled her eyes. "About 10 minutes ago. I've been waiting on you lot now come on let's go there's a lot to do and little time to do it." She smiled before going to see Ginny and mrs weasley at the front of the cue they had formed. "She's just like mum" ron said quietly. "I heard that" both of them spun to look at Ron and give him their signature death glare.

After trailing about around the shops all day Harry just needed one more thing. Some new robes since his didn't fit him right anymore. "I'll catch up with you all later I just need to get something done. I'll meet you at the burrow." After taking a moment to think and double check all was good molly nodded in agreement.  "I'd like you back in time for dinner though. 6pm sharp and not a moment later do I make myself clear?" She stood with her hands on her hips looking at him. "Yes mrs weasley of course" Harry said with a soft smile as he headed to Madam Malkins.

He stepped inside and was immediately met with the smell of fresh linen and cotton. "Ah yes mr potter please stand up on the podium and I'll be with you in a moment." Harry nodded and stood up doing as he was instructed. After a few minutes madam malkin joined him and began to manually measure and weigh him. "Well my boy it seems as though youve lost quite a bit of weight since you where here last. Not to worry I'll get you some robes that fit you just perfect." And off she went. It was only then he heard the tape measure and realised he wasn't alone. He turned and was face to face with non other than draco malfoy.

"Hello potter." His voice didn't have any sting to it and didn't sound malicious. "Malfoy" he said with a slight nod. "I'd just like to apologise for all that I've done. It wasn't right and I understand if you don't forgive me but I just wanted to tell you in person how sorry I am. He went to move but the tape measure slapped him lightly. "I-I forgive you" Harry said after a moment. "Yes I forgive you." He was more reassuring himself. "Well if I may. My names Draco. Draco Malfoy." He said extending his hand. "I'm Harry. Harry Potter" he replied and shook his outstretched hand.

The two boys got talking speaking lightly to one another about Hogwarts and what they where both looking forward too and of course quidditch. Just like that a new friendship began to blossom just like a Phoenix from the flames.

Soon enough both boys where finished and bid farewell to one another. Harry checked his watch and began to head back to the weasleys. The second he stumbled out the fireplace he was met with a bucket and the smell of homemade pie.

1116 words.
———-
I'm sorry I'm sorry please don't kill me. I've had a lot going on recently and to be honest I fell into a dark place. I'm trying to crawl out of that place so here I am writing. As always they will be ver inconsistent updates but I'll try and aim for one a month or so.

Thank you all for supporting me
-  KJ