I Don't Know Where I'm Going

AN: Hi. I don't own Labyrinth or anything related. This is set just after Sarah defeats Jareth but before the ending, where her Dad and Stepmom come home. I wrote this is 2016 and wanted to share it. Enjoy!!!

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."- David Bowie

'Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here to the castle beyond the goblin city, to take back the child that you have stolen. For my will is as strong as yours and my kingdom as great. You have no power over me.'

The sickening feeling of falling while upright stopped and I open my eyes, shocked as I realise I'm standing in my hall at the bottom of the stairs. The loud chiming of the big clock faded into the background as I kept my blurred gaze on the owl flying around me, before it headed to the window, flying into the night. As my sight cleared and the clock stopped, I remember what just happened. I have been Underground and defeated The Goblin King, getting my baby bro back.

"Toby!" I shout several times as I race up the stairs to my Dad and Irene's room, turning on the light and making my way over to him, in his cot, asleep and safe. Running my hand lightly down the side of his fat face, I look around for the stupid stuffed toy that started all this. Finding it on the bed, I grab it and tuck it in with him.

"Here you are. I'd like Lancelot to belong to you now." I murmur, before walking out the room, turning off the light as I left.

Crossing the hall and going into my room, I stand at the threshold, my eyes taking in all the junk I have. Tomorrow, I'm going to clear it all out. Maybe I can have a yard sale and redecorate with the money. New Sarah, new room.

Wondering across to my dressing table, I flop down on the stool in front of my mirror, taking in my reflection. I needed a shower. Food as well. I need some sleep too.

I had been so selfish, handing over Toby to The Goblin King because of a toy. I have spent years being a bitch to my Stepmom because she wasn't my blood. Even though I haven't seen my birth Mom since before Christmas, when she gave me the music box, which I found out afterward my Grandma gave her to give to me and spent ten minutes talking about what she'd been doing before leaving to see hers and Jeremy's family, which apparently dodn't include me. The person who tried to comfort me afterwards had been Irene.

God, I'm a dick.

I'd been so upset that she let Merlin sleep in my room with me, which wasn't normally allowed and she made me my favourite dinner, letting me have warm brownies afterwards. She and Dad bought me nearly everything on my list and the thing they didn't, a red and black costume crown, Irene gifted me for my birthday. I've been so ungrateful, treating her like an evil Stepmother for no reason whatsoever. Well, that changes now.

When they come back, I'm going to make them their usual cup of tea before bed. Then tomorrow I'm going to wash Merlin, clean the house and help Irene with dinner. I'm going to be the most awesome big Sister in the world and shower Toby with love. I'm going to make friends at school and do all my homework.

I'm going to show Irene so much love, she's going to think of me as her daughter.

Picking up the red book that's caused so much trouble since I got it, I flip through the pages. The tale of Jareth, The Goblin King and The Champion Of The Labyrinth has lost it's appeal to me now. Seeing and interacting with the man himself almost seemed like a bad dream, like I was remembering it through a cloud of smoke. Even though the thought of having to standing in his presence again makes the hair's on my arms stand up. 

The sound of Hoggle's and Sir Didymus's voices are still crisp and clear in my head, along with the feel of Ludo's fur. I hope that I never forget them. Or my adventure. I wanna mark my time running the Labyrinth as the beginning of Sarah, the best Sister and Daughter in the entire world.

It's an unconventional 'seeing the light and growing up' experience but it's mine, thought I'm never gonna tell anyone.

Holding the music box in my hands, I open my draw and place it inside, along with the newspaper clipping of my Mom and her boyfriend and the book. As much as I probably should get rid of them, just in case there enchanted or something, I can't. They're to dear to me to sell or throw in the bin. I want to keep them for a while longer.

Hearing the front door being unlock, I sit up straight and wait for my Mom and Dad to call for me.

I let  Sarah 2.0 to be born.

"I don't know where I'm going from here but I promise it wont' be boring."- David Bowie

AN: So, what do you think? Please let me know. I aimed to keep Sarah a little bit dramatic, she's only just come back and hasn't mellowed out yet. As all theatre kids know, when you've been in that space for hours, it's hard to go back to being normal for a few hours:) Thanks for reading!!!