Chapter Fifteen: One Father

“Father?” I repeated. “So, you’re the asshole who kicked your son out of the house? Well, aren’t you just father of the year?”

“Who the hell are you?” he said raising his voice at me.

“I’m Jayson Reed,” I replied. “Noah’s Boyfriend.”

“So you’re the faggot that turned my son?” he said, clenching his jaw. I could tell he was getting pretty angry at me. His nostrils were flaring and his face was a beet red. I thought he might be turning into the hulk. I wasn’t scared though. I held my ground.

“That would be me,” I muttered. “What are you going do about it? Are you going to hit me, huh? Go ahead and hit the guy who’s been taking care of your son. Show him how much of a man you are.”

“Just let me speak to my son, ok?” he replied taking a deep breath.

“He doesn’t want to talk to you,” I said.

“I said let me speak to my son,” he said stepping closer to me. He towered over me with a menacing look on his face.

“Jayson – It’s fine,” Noah said grabbing me and pulling me away. “I’ll just talk to him, ok?”

I groaned as Noah let him inside of the apartment. I eyed him down, biting my lip a little. What could his father possibly want? I was about to follow them into the living room when Noah stopped me.

“Jayson,” he smiled. “It’s ok. I need to talk to him alone.”

“Fine,” I said walked into the kitchen. I kept my eye on him though. I didn’t trust the guy. I didn’t feel comfortable having him in my apartment either. I moved as close to them as possible so I could catch what was going on.

“How did you find me?” Noah asked.

“Don’t worry about that,” his father muttered. “But, your mother and I agreed that you need to come back home.”

“I’m not coming back home and that woman is not my mother,” Noah huffed. “My mother died five years ago. You can go back to your perfect family without me – I mean my gayness might contaminate it anyways.”

“Noah, we love you,” he muttered. “We just want you back home. You can’t live here with this guy. I mean what happens when he doesn’t want you anymore? Huh? You’re young. You don’t know who you are yet.”

“Jayson loves me,” Noah said. “And he wouldn’t do that and I know who I am. I’m Noah Wilson and I’m gay.”

“He loves you?” his father huffed. “That’s what they all say. Your coach told me about this Jayson Reed.”

I froze for a second. His father had spoken to Aidan. That fucking asshole – he told. He told him where Noah was.  I bit my lip as I swore underneath my breath. I’m going to kill Aidan.

“What does the coach even know about Jayson? He was only his coach when he was high school,” Noah muttered. “That doesn’t constitute as knowing him.”

“So Jayson didn’t tell you that he and the coach had a relationship?” his father continued.

“You’re lying,” Noah muttered.

“They were lovers, Noah,” his father said. “The coach said you might not believe me. That’s why he gave me this. He even said Jayson was with him this afternoon. He said your friend Liam saw everything.”

“This isn’t true,” Noah choked out.

I sighed as I hit the table top. This wasn’t happening. This wasn’t happening. I swallowed hard as I glanced out into the living room. Noah was texting on his phone. Shit! He was texting Liam and Liam would definitely tell him about the kiss. What was I going to do?