Entice

Prologue:

 I remember when my father was poisoned with mercury.

     How I had to slowly watch him die, The brutality.

    The indiscreet reality, of things I didn't want to face. The truth couldn't be hidden, the facts of death and the after life. The redundancy, like watching a film over and over again, scenes playing before my eyes like a CD.

        Skipping over the mourn and the loss.

       Brave was something I could not be. 

    On the rarest of occasions I'd ask myself, why me? Was I chosen for some unknown reason? Did life want to chase after me for a karmic cause. What had I ever done to deserve this?

I was being kicked in the back in a rhythmic   way.

    Life stopped following me when I met a man, a man of  enigmatic manners. Darkness hung around him, a darkness so deep brightness shied away in the wake of his presence. My thoughts disappeared when I was around him, captured in the mystery of him. Of it.

  "Nothing is perfect".

    He is a  horror, a nightmare I don't want to be awakened from. Strung out with the depths of my soul wide out in the open. Placid demeanor, eyes the darkest of the night, flashing a color that I did not want to understand.

     Something was happening, change.. 

     Unlike most men, he had no motive. 

      But I never saw it coming.

     Deceit,  a broken heart and death.