how could i live before

Kie woke up feeling rested but it didn't take long for the unsettling sensation she had had the day before to sink in.

She buried her face in the chest of a sleeping JJ to try and will the feeling away.

Normally, being this close to JJ would bug her but something else had taken over her and she needed to find refuge from her clouded mind.

"Hey. Y'alright?", a sleepy voice asked, instinctively wrapping his arms around her.

"Mmm hmm," was her muffled answer.

"No you're not," JJ said through a yawn, pushing her off gently so he could see her face.

Of course he could tell. She hated it when he did that.

Well maybe she didn't hate it but it was still annoying.

Kiara was going to tell him to forget about it but she had a strong feeling that wouldn't work. So with a sigh, she conceded.

"Yesterday really freaked me out. I just feel so uncomfortable, even though all of us are back safe and sound. I can barely look at John B and Sarah which makes me feel awful but everything feels so messed up. I'm actually living in a world where my worst nightmares can come true. I just wish everything didn't have to be so dramatic. I wish it could go back to normal, even just for a second."

JJ lay there for a while, studying her with his lips pursed.

"Okay," he said finally, "so we'll make things normal."

"What?"

"John B and Sarah are working today. You, me, and Pope can go out and discover the Bahamas. You get a needed break from the happy couple, and then tonight we can have hotdogs like Big John used to make and drink bad beer and have a bonfire."

"Actually?"

"Yeah, why not? I'm not saying it'll work but it's worth a shot. The Bahama's are supposed to be a cool place, I'm sure we can find something fun to do."

"I think that sounds like a great idea. Thank you JJ," Kie said smiling.

"Great! I'll go tell the others."

While Kie was getting ready she could hear JJ struggling to get Pope out of bed and John B and Sarah saying goodbye.

"See ya Kie!", John B called from the door.

"Bye!", she called back.

She hoped that by the time he got back, she wouldn't be so afraid of seeing him.

When she was ready she walked into the kitchen to see a fussing JJ and a grumpy Pope.

"What on earth are you doing," she asked JJ.

"Making a mess," Pope responded.

"Making breakfast," JJ said, shooting the other boy a glare.

"You can't cook."

"I can make scrambled eggs."

"Clearly," Kie said smiling at the collection of eggshells on the counter and the half cooked eggs in the pan.

"I burnt the bacon though."

"That's fine. Any bacon is good bacon."

"I wouldn't be too sure of that," Pope said, taking bite of the charred meat.

"Shut up Pope," JJ said darkly.

"You focus on your eggs mister," Kie laughed, "I'll clean up."

The breakfast was fine, even though JJ dropped the salt in the eggs, which made Pope laugh so hard he fell off the stool.