10 | celebratory sleepover

after the game, guy invited the team to his house for a sleepover.

"okay, mom! we're off!" liv yelled as charlie ran out to the huge van that guy's mom had already picked up everyone else in. "bye, sweetie! have fun!" casey hollered back before liv closed the door and followed charlie.

adam was helping charlie load his bag in the trunk as liv walked up to the two, "here, i'll take that for you." adam smiled while holding his hand out for her bag.

she took it off her shoulder and handed it to him, his arm dropping. "woah, what the heck is in here thats so heavy?" he asked. "just clothes.." she answered with an innocent smile.

charlie helped banks pick it up and put it in the trunk as liv got in the car. she sat next to connie, as she always did. the two were inseparable.

adam got in the car after olivia, and sat in the row of seats infront of her, beside averman.

nova germaine pulled into the driveway and everyone loaded out like a clown car, grabbing their bags from the trunk. "how do you pick that up so easy?" adam questioned the small girl.

she shrugged, "maybe im just stronger than you" she replied, trying to hide her grin. he smiled, a small and faint 'ha' leaving his lips before the team walked up the porch and went inside. a small and scrawny dog with three legs and only one eye ran up to the team. of course, liv was the one to bend down and pet it. "hey.." she looked at her collar,

tiny ♡︎

liv read. "tiny!" she finished her sentence. "she does that with my pets too. total animal lover." connie told the team. liv looked up and realized they were all staring at her. she stood up, grabbing her bag and wiping herself off.

"sorry. so, guy, you gonna show us where to put our stuff or what?" she asked sarcastically, changing the subject. "oh, yeah. follow me." he instructed and they followed him upstairs.

~

they were all sitting in his movie room, most in beanbags or on a few different couches. connie was sitting behind liv, french braiding her hair, as liv french braided tammy's. connie already had hers braided, so that's why she was in the back.

the kids talked for a while and then ended up playing hide and seek around the house, then tag, truth or dare, and a little more. then they just watched movies and just did random things that twelve year olds do.

"yall, i'm exhausted. i think it's 'bout time we go to bed." averman suggested with a yawn, the team nodding. liv, connie, and tammy got the bed, and the boys got the floor, but they padded it with a bunch of blankets, pillows, and stuffed animals.

olivia woke up around 2am, because of a bad dream. she had gotten kicked off the team. she couldn't go back to sleep, so she slowly and quietly started to hum -the lion sleeps tonight by the tokens-.

"in the jungle the mighty jungle," she mumbled quietly to herself. "the lion sleeps tonight" she suddenly heard another voice finish her sentence.

she sat up and looked at the floor, seeing adam wide awake. "what are doing doing up?" liv asked him. "i could ask you the same thing." adam replied, sitting up after her.

"you wanna go outside? i can't sleep and i need fresh air." he asked. "i guess, sure." she replied, slowly getting off of the bed, making sure to not wake tammy or connie up, or step on any boys.

he opened the front door, and held it open for her. she took a small look at him, once again trying to hide her smile before she stepped outside and took a seat on the porch step, adam sitting next to her.

"hey, why do you hate me so much?" banks asked her. "i don't.." she started. "i don't hate you. i just don't love the fact that you were on the hawks and have bullied me and my friends for a year now.."

he nodded, "yeah. okay, i get that. but i'm not with them anymore. i'm a duck." he replied. "i don't know..." liv said, taking a deep breath in and inhaling the cold minnesota air.

to try and win her over, he thought of something. "hey, uh, you got a lil something on your shirt.." he pointed at her shirt. she looked down, immediately getting poked in the nose. her brown eyes widened before she rolled them with a scoff.

"you know you love me, puck girl." he said with a smirk.

"whatever, cake eater."

"wait, puck girl?" olivia questioned what he called her. "you need a nickname, and you're the best player on the team, you've always got the puck. so you're puck girl." he explained and she snickered a bit. "whatever floats your boat, banksie." she grinned, and laid down on her back, looking at the stars.

adam followed her actions, laying right next to her. the two pointed out constellations and what different stars look like, talking until they realized the sun was coming up.

"we better get inside before they wake up." liv suggested, making adam nod. they went inside and got back in the sleeping positions that they were originally in, pretending like the whole thing never even happened.

<3