An Awkward Encounter

“William!” Mrs. Brown called.

“Huh, what?” Will said looking around puffy eyed.

Ew he was drooling!” a girl shouted. Mrs. Brown grabbed a pink slip from her desk and scribbled down something on the paper.

Detention,” she said holding the pink slip out, “you sleep in your bed, not my classroom.”

OOOOHHHH” a group of guys snickered as Will stumbled his way to the teacher’s desk.Will grabbed the pink slip and turned towards his seat. Dwayne Walker, the schools number one quarterback, smirked at Will as he walked back to his seat. He slipped his foot out and Will fell flat on his face.

Just walk away, Will, Will thought to himself It's not worth it.

NOT WORTH IT?” Henry yelled. Will could feel anger fill his body. The burn flowed through his veins and he twitched from the burn. Will's blue eyes flared with anger as he stood up and faced Dwayne. Will wasn't Will anymore. It was Henry's turn. Dwayne chuckled.

Come at me suicide boy,he snarled. Henry balled his fist and swung at Dwayne. Dwayne ducked and punched Henry right in the face. He stumbled back just a little when a bolt of energy filled his body. He swung at Dwayne knocking him all the way to the back of the room. The class screamed in excitement and horror.

You kicked his ass!” A boy yelled. Henry smiled, blood pouring down his face.

Get the nurse or something!” Someone else yelled. Will regained control of his body, unfortunately too fast that his vision fogged and Will stumbled to the ground.

●●●

He only threw one punch,” a voice said, “he was just defending himself.”

The school is still fining both boys,” another voice said. “There’s no fighting on school grounds.” Will opened his eyes slowly, not too surprised that he was in the hospital once again. Anjel was talking to a police officer.

You okay dear?” Tina asked, running her fingers through Will’s hair. Will twitched.

I’m fine.” he said smacking away Tina’s hand.

This is going to cost your uncle big time,” Tina said stroking Will’s cheek. Once again Will slapped away Tina’s hand uncomfortably. “Let’s talk to the police man so we can get you home,” she said smiling. Will sat up, wincing at the sight of his face in the mirror. The police officer walked in and Anjel followed behind.

Hello Mr. Johnson,” he said clicking his pen, “I’m officer Holzer; I’m here to talk to you about your incident in school today.” Will sighed.

I don’t remember it,” he lied, “I blacked out.” Officer Holzer pursed his lips and scribbled something down his paper.

You do know this kind of behavior isn’t permitted,” he said still writing on his paper.

I know,” Will said slouching.

And you’ll have to have a court hearing,” Office Holzer continued. Will rolled his eyes, wishing it’ll be over.