Prologue

Saiki's POV

My name is Kusuo Saiki.

I'm a psychic.

I'm also trying to bore my way through a math exam at the moment, but more about that later.

As you probably already know, this is a story about how I fell for you. Yes, you, right there, who's hiding their screen from anyone in close proximity.

I didn't fall for you in a cliché way, though. Definitely not. This isn't a fanfiction with a sappy plot line and bittersweet ending; it's a very real and moving story about love.

Anyway, that's enough emotion. Back to me.

Being a psychic comes with a lot of stress, believe it or not. I don't often have the opportunity to catch a break. So, when I found a germanium ring that canceled my ability to hear everyone's thoughts, you can imagine how excited I was to be relieved of the annoyance. No more unwanted things in my head. I was free to enjoy my life in complete silence.

CLANK!

"Ohh, okay, so the next one's B..."

"Nendo, if I have to tell you to put that die away one more time, I'm going to give you detention."

"No worries, Teach! I'm almost done with the test anyway, I just have five more questions to roll on–"

Well, not complete silence. At least my head is free of invasive thoughts. Honestly, what a pain.

The ring doesn't always work to my benefit, though. I still get startled because I can't sense others approaching me. I also have to talk instead of telepathically communicate, since it blocks telepathy both ways. Not to mention, it can end up costing people their lives...

Yes, Y/N. You may never know it, but I really did fall for you. I'd just like to thank you, before we begin, for everything you did. I'm a changed man. Truly.

"Time's up, everyone! Pencils down. Please, remain seated while I come around to take up the papers and Nendo for the love of–"

Ah, looks like I ran out of time on the exam. Oh, well. Nothing a little psychic ability can't fix.

...Time. That's one concept  that I never could really, fully grasp. I sure wish we'd had more of it.

I should probably shut up before I say something I'm not supposed to. Oh, well. I guess I'll talk to you later. Enjoy this walk down memory lane with me, Y/N. It's one in a million, just like you.

~~~

hi there! it's the author. i have no idea how long this fic will be or if i'll even finish so umm yeah there's that. definitely very random updates. thanks for even clicking on this random little idea i had ^^; 

stay smiling,

ramen  ⁎⁺˳✧༚