Episode 2 - In a Blue and Grey

***

 Previously on 3 Days in Heaven, because of stress Leo over slept so that became the reason why he got fired, and also got arrested by the cop for passing through the traffic light on his way to the office that morning. However it wasn’t seem enough yet, to complete his bad day he got a called from the cop who just arrested him that morning and ask him to meet at lunch in Amplaz.

Note: Leo is my name as the main character in this story.

***

It was around 10:30 am at the park. The sun light felt getting hot and hotter, however i still saw around there, the kids and their parents or their babysitter were still enjoying their time, There also some kids who played throw and catch the ball with their dogs. I took a deep breath and pushed them out, and told my self that no matter what happened life is to be lived in not to avoid.

I moved my feet toward the parking area to take my motorcycle and headed to Amplaz, the place where the cop was saying to meet me. I tried hard not to ride as fast as i did this morning coz i didn’t want some bad things happened. I already got some, so what more worst things that i should take in a day?

I passed some kids who were happy playing with their dogs.

Oh at the moment, i recalled my childhood memory. I hardly never had a time to play. My dad left us since i was 5, he never came home or wrote us ever, even he never sent some money for us. My mom was sick, she couldn’t be able to do something heavy so my sister and i who would tried hard to earn some money to put some food on the table. However no matter what condition we might have, my mom always told us to “not to do something that will make us regret someday”. 

In order to avoid doing something stupid my sister and i used to sing in the buses as street singer. My sister had a beautiful voice as for me at the time, as a little kid who were not shy-so i just dance as good as i could to entertain the passengers. Sometimes they give us more than we were expecting, but sometimes give us nothing. My sister used to tell me – “don’t you worry little brother, God knows what’s best for his creation” - whenever she saw me a little sad coz the coin that we got was only a few.

Hey, man move your motor-damn-cycle…!” a man just shouting at me with the angry expression. I could tell that he was in hurry or something and didn’t want to be late.

Well i looked at him and nodded my head as the words to say i am sorry and then move a side so that he could pass through.

Finally i arrived at the Amplaz parking area, i could see the parking already full. I saw some people were difficult to find a place to park their motorcycle. At the moment, i told my self  that at least i was a little bit luckier then them.

On my way to enter the lift i glance at my watch. It showed 11:30 a.m.

“Oh crap, still half an hour to go…” i forced my head to think what i was going to do for half an hour later and then idea came up in my head saying that why didn’t i go to the Gramedia Bookstore. I like reading book. To me, reading can enhance our knowledge about many things. Also, reading is fun, it would be helpful in the waiting problems.

~~~

The room felt so small since there were crowded people came in and out. Some of them came with their friends, family, lover, or even just to spend some times like what i did. :).

“hmmm…..” I took a deep breath and pushed it out. I could feel the smell of the nice book, the inspiring book, novel, biography, magazine, or anything. i could smell the knowledge were about to come inside me.