𝒊𝒗.

Chiron had insisted we talk about it in the morning, which was kind of like, Hey, your life's in mortal danger. Sleep tight!

After further conversation about the labyrinth was shut down, Noelle began her trek to her cabin, but she didn't get very far before someone was throwing her over their shoulder.

She didn't even protest, simply just crossed her arms. "Percy, what are you doing?"

"I am not letting you out of my sight after that. I thought you might've died," he said.

Noelle rolled her eyes, causing Tyson— who was following behind them— to giggle. "But I didn't. Perfectly fine. Besides, I'm not sleeping in my armor and jeans."

"You can take your armor off, and I can just give you something to wear," Percy said. "I would just feel better if I knew you were right next to me."

"I'll agree as long as you stop carrying me like a sack of potatoes," Noelle said. 

Percy set her down, immediately grabbing her hand. "Deal."

The three of them walked the rest of the way to the Poseidon cabin. Tyson collapsed in his bunk and began snoring immediately. Noelle stripped off her armor while Percy dug through his clothes he kept at camp for something for her to wear.

Percy turned around to see Noelle peeling her sweaty and dirty T-shirt off her body, leaving her in a sports bra and jeans. The image reminded him of last winter when he'd given her an early birthday present. He was also reminded of the large cut on her ribs that Luke had given her.

His eyes drifted to the former wound. All that remained now was a white stripe that started just above her last rib on her right, the other end hidden under her sports bra. He didn't even realize he had stepped closer until his hand was subconsciously reaching out to trace the mark.

Noelle flinched, his cold hands startling her.

"Sorry," he said, retracting his hand.

"It's okay," she said. "Your fingers were just cold."

She turned to him and he handed her a pair of sweatpants he had found. He turned around to give her privacy, and after their talk today he wanted to wait until she was okay with him seeing her vulnerable like that.

"You can look now."

Percy turned back around to see Noelle in his sweats, the waist rolled up so that it would fit her. He couldn't help the smile that broke out, loving how she looked in his clothes. 

She walked towards him, wrapping her arms around his waist and planting a chaste kiss to the column of his neck. He returned her affection, sliding his arms over her shoulders and holding her to him.

"You had me worried tonight," he whispered into her hair. "I thought I lost you, that we were gonna find you and Annabeth all bloodied and- and—"

"I'm sorry, Percy," she whispered back, feeling her heart ache at his broken tone. "I didn't mean to scare you like that. I can't imagine if the roles were reversed."

Percy sighed and held her tighter. "Come on, let's get some sleep. Something tells me tomorrow is gonna be a long day."

Percy guided the both of them back to his bunk, laying down slowly so he didn't disrupt the rare peace around them. Noelle lay on top of him, her head resting on his chest, like he was her personal pillow.

He ran his hands through her hair, listening to her breathing even out. He kissed her head and whispered something that Noelle's almost asleep brain couldn't comprehend.