Disconnected

Calum sat in class, tapping his pencil on the desk, waiting for class to be over. He had to go to work right after, and he just wanted the day to be over.

"Okay, class is over, but I will have to see Marybeth Johnson, Brian Lee, Ashton Irwin, Brenda Jackson, and Calum Hood, so, please stay where you are," professor Davidson advice as he took five folders out, they were all of different colors.

Calum let out a sigh, knowing he would be late for work for the third time this week. Good thing the owner's daughter had a huge crush on him, or he would have been let go a long time ago. He only had God to thank for his good looks.

"Okay, the reason why I asked you all to stay behind, is because this summer my office will have an opening for an intern," Davidson spoke, which really caught Calum interests. You see, John Davidson is not only a professor, he is also a psychiatrist, the best there is. This could really give Calum boring resume a great lift after college. "Now, I gathered all of you here because I see potential in every single one of you. But since I can only have one of you, what I am going to do is give you all a test. Here I have five of my actual patients files, you are all going to chose one, but without looking into the files, after all, we don't get to pick our patients. Anyways, you will conduct an evaluation on your patient, and try to help them out, over come whatever they might be going through. Now, they are all different cases, and they vary from a simple phobia to being schizophrenic. So, why don't you all come up here and get a folder."

As Davidson laid all five files on his desk, the students hurried off of their seat and to the front of the class, each of them already having an idea which file they wanted. Calum was the third one to get there, and got the royal blue file, without opening it he went back to his seat.

"Now, this will take up most of your time, especially after school, so, if you have any prior commitments I suggest to take care of them! We will start by you having homework tonight, read the file you have chosen, memorize it inside and out. Tomorrow you will be meeting your patients."

Work had been a hassle, but luckily it was over now. Calum had to quit if he wanted to continue with Doctor Davidson's extra curricular activity, if you can call it that. It was five minutes until midnight, but Calum still had to go over the file.

He dragged his feet across the floor, careful not to wake up his roommate, who were all asleep, or so it seemed like it. Ashton was going over his pink file, which belong to a teenage girl, Martha May, who had a phobia for clowns. He actually chose the easiest of patients.

Once in bed, Calum got his file from his backpack, and started to study it. The royal blue folder belonged to Normani Morrison. Normani was a nineteen year old girl suffering from Psychosis, which was triggered by an overdose. She lost her mother in a car crash, which apparently was her fault, and her father was never around. She turned to drugs, and was admitted into the institute at sixteen, by her guardian at the time, which was her cousin Luke Hemmings.

Normani was in total disconnect with reality, according to her file all her friends where imaginary, except for her cousin and her best friend, Michael Clifford. She hardly spoke to anybody, unless they made a connection with her.

"Well, just my luck," Calum whispered a bit annoyed rubbing his eyes, which where getting pretty heavy.

He grabbed the picture of Normani, she looked so beaten up by life. Her golden brown eyes seemed to be missing something, the only thing that had life to it was her hair. It was short and naturally wavy. It was dyed red on the bottom half, it seemed to fit her perfectly. She did not seemed taller than five foot three, and she had a slim figure. She was smiling in the picture but if one paid close attention you could tell that underneath the smile there was a girl hurting.

"Well, Normani, I'll meet you tomorrow," Calum whispered as he closed the file, put on his night stand and turned off his lamp.