Chapter 2 Snakes On An Elevator

I lay awake thinking about what just happened. I just couldn't fathom the idea that the Grim Reaper was just in my house and he wanted me.

 'I wonder what he meant by taking my memories?' I thought to myself in my head.

'Oh well. . .now what to think about' I thought long and hard until a light bulb went off in my head.

 'Oh! I know. I'll think about random words that will keep me up' I thought to myself with a satisfied smile.

 'Lamas, Unicorns, Lollipops, Reindeer' I thought to myself and felt my eyes go droopy.

'Man I'm getting tired. I must think of more words. Must stay awake' I ordered myself in my mind.

'Rainbows, dog, hor. . .ZZZ' I started listing, then everything went bye bye.

Dream

I was in a car sitting beside my mother when suddenly we were smashed into hard from the side. Web went swerving off the road and then finally came to a shrieking stop.

I felt searing pain throughout my body and looked down to see tones of my blood pouring out of my open wounds. I looked over at mother, she was in even worse shape. I knew deep down that we weren't going to make it.

That's when a drop dead gorgeous black haired guy around my age showed up. Me and my mother gasped at the black wings protruding from his back.

I watched as my mother begged him to spare my life to save me. She thought he was and angel, boy was she wrong. I could see the dark and despairing aura around his body there was no way that an angel would have that kind of aura. She continued to beg him to save me until her last breath.

The reapers eyes used to be gleaming at his two new souls, but had stopped gleaming when my mother started begging. He granted her wish just before she died. I tried to protest but couldn't. My mother had made a deal with the Grim Reaper that eight years to this day he could make me his. I watched as his lips descended on mine and. . .

End of Dream

I woke up sweaty with tears streaking down my cheeks. I turned to look at my alarm clock that was playing Evil Angel by Breaking Benjamin and saw that I was going to be late for work.

"Fudge Monkeys!" I screamed, hopping out of bed and into the shower.

After showering I did my makeup and hair. I just did a bit of eyeliner and mascara to make my sky blue eyes pop. I sprayed in some Frizz Ease curling spray in my hair and left it to dry naturally as I changed. (My hair is golden blond with large soft volumized curls)

I quickly changed into a black pencil skirt, white blouse and red suit jacket. The suit jackets belt was black along with the cuffs at the bottom of its sleeves. I then threw on my red stilettos and some red lipstick, then raced out of my apartment door, locking it behind me.