Chapter 48

Lavender:Distrust
❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁
Zoe's POV

I took a deep breath, looking towards Levi. His expression was stone cold, but when he looked at me, a small, reassuring smile covered his face. The two of us were standing outside the fully reserved restaurant, about to meet Alyssa. Who Levi hated. Like any sane human being would be, I was more anxious than a teen about to take a pregnancy test, and couldn't help but shift on my feet like a complete maniac.

The waiter opened the door, smiling at the two of us. He lead us to the one occupied table in the room, and Alyssa immediately stood up from her spot, smiling at me, and glancing at Levi. Her body language showed that she was just as nervous as I was. To be honest, I felt kinda bad for her. I mean, at least I didn't have to worry about being killed.

She came towards me, greeting me and pressing kisses on either side of my cheeks. A tradition that my family had inherited from my late, French grandmother. I kissed her back, having nothing but worry in my mind.

Once she was done, she moved back again, looking at Levi, and held her hand out, saying, "Hi! I'm Alyssa. As you might have heard... And I'm guessing that you're the boyfriend that Zoe has been talking about."

He nodded, not bothering to take her hand, and moved towards the table, pulling the seats out for the two of us like a gentleman. Alyssa awkwardly put her hand back, looking a little embarrassed. The two of us sat down, and he went to the other side of the table, sitting down in front of us.

I cleared my throat, trying to make the awkward situation a little lighter. Why did he have to be so cold? Oh wait, I knew why. To be honest, I didn't really blame him, but I wished that the entire scenario could have turned out to be a slightly more... relaxed one.

Levi looked straight towards Alyssa, and my eyes widened. Oh god, what was he going to do?

He glared at her, and said, "To be completely honest, I don't really trust you. But I trust Zoe. You're gonna have to earn my trust, and one bad move will bring you to your downfall. Just remember that."

My mouth fell open, and Alyssa seemed just as surprised as I was. But instead of letting her mouth fall open like me, she nodded solemnly.

"I understand. I didn't expect you to anyway. I just... wanted to see what kind of a person Zoe will be spending her life with. And it looks like she made an excellent choice.", she said, smiling at me.

He nodded, still seeming slightly skeptical about the entire situation. The hesitance that he had towards actually getting to know Alyssa was clear throughout the evening. His body language screamed distrust. But not once did he make a rude, or inappropriate comment.

The amount of worry that I was carrying in my mind was enough to make me pass out, and I was thankful for the drama-free evening. From both sides. I mean, what if Alyssa decided that she didn't like him or something? Of course, I would never try to live my life according to her, but the evening would just be extremely horrible.

The two got along okay, and that was enough for me. At some point, I could see that Alyssa was starting to gain some of Levi's trust. He didn't completely ignore her, and even answered some of her questions. Anytime that the situation would become awkward, I jumped in with a previously thought out topic, making sure to keep the conversation going.

Soon, all of us were done with our plates of chicken Alfredo pasta, and were ready to go home. Levi payed the bill, much to Alyssa's disapproval since she claimed that it was supposed to be her treat. But in the end, it was Levi who payed. Of course he did. The glare that he threw at Alyssa was nothing short of terrifying, and she had to back down instantly.

As the three of us walked outside, the cool breeze hitting my face, making me breathe in the fresh air. Levi and I turned towards Alyssa, who was playing with her fingers, seeming extremely nervous. Before any of us could say anything, Levi decided to speak.

Turning towards Alyssa, he held his hand out, and said, "I can see that you've changed your ways. I think I might be growing to trust you with Zoe, so don't disappoint me. The threat still stands. I hope to trust you completely one day. It was... not as bad as I thought it would be to meet you. See you soon."

Alyssa smiled brightly and shook his hand enthusiastically as I stared at Levi, dumbfounded by his declaration. Was he serious? Was I dreaming? Or was this really happening?

Before I could worry about being asleep, and the entire situation actually being a dream, Levi grabbed my arm, walking us towards our car. I stumbled after him, still processing his words inside my head.

Without looking at me, he muttered, "You can stop smiling now. I did it. All for you."

The smiled that I didn't know was on my face widened, and I squealed, jumping up and wrapping my arms around his neck. His cold expression faded away, and I could hear him laughing at my enthusiasm. I hugged him tight, thankful for what he had done for me.

I appreciated his support so much. I would never have been able to keep building my relationship with Alyssa if I didn't have Levi's support, because I would've drowned in my worries. Levi trying to be nice to my sister was simply amazing, and I loved him for it.

As I stood back up on my own two feet, Levi looked at me, and said, "Don't forget that we're meeting Celine tomorrow. It's a dinner."

Oh sh*t...

Done! Also, LEVI ACCEPTS ALYSSA! YAYYYYY! Hope you all enjoyed the chapter, and if you did, make sure to let me know, vote and share! Love you guys! Peace out!