Chapter XIV

Growing distance

Y/n's pov,

It has been a few days since the flight and I was too tired. It was clear that the jet lag was not the reason for my weakness.I found dark circles under my eyes darker than before.My strength weakened day-by-day.Father had come to see me a few days ago, and it didn't go as planned.There was growing tension between the vampires and the werewolves, with my situation. My father insisted on saving myself just like everybody else and "Get the 'being' out".Those being their words everytime they approached me.The only support I have is Rosalie.Standing close to me and when everyone referred to the baby as 'it' she kept correcting them.I recalled her life story where all she wanted was a happy life with her own children.She was keen on protecting the baby as her own which filled me with a sense of content seeing the situation I was in.Now,I was in Carlisle's study awaiting an ultrasound.It was only four weeks ago, that we found out of this miracle but I looked like I was in my 5th month compared to a normal human.Everything was a struggle, to get up, sit down or even lean onto something.It has been effortless not being able to see the child even through the technology here.The last time we checked, the barrier was impenetrable.But, I still had hope.The rift between me and the rest of my world seemed endless. Everyone opposed my decision of keeping the baby.Even my own parents seem to not care.But, Jasper was worse and hurt me more.He tried to talk to me but he knew I was stubborn and would not listen.He has been spending time alone in his room since the day I pleaded him that I want to keep the baby.Carlisle probably asked him to come downstairs to his study during my visit.Rosalie helps me on to the little bed and left soon after my husband entered.He came to me and smiled at me, even if it didn't quite reach his eyes.He held my, 'now-very-fragile' hand and kissed it."Are you alright?" I asked holding his hand tighter.I could see that he hasn't fed lately.He just shook his head, his eyes tightly closed.Carlisle approached me before I could ask again.I lift up the sweatshirt and notice the bruises and the air cold on my skin.He pressed the mechanical wand after I applied the very cold lotion.This time was like every other time.We couldn't see the baby again.Carlisle politely insisted on not continuing this as I tried to hold back my tears.Carlisle left.Maybe because he already knew the answer or maybe to just give us some privacy. I didn't care why he left as I could only focus on how much I love my child even if he/she doesn't know that they're my biggest happiness.
"Y/n, my love, please don't do this, don't leave me..."his voice interrupted my thoughts."Why would I leave you?I can do this, honey.Believe me... " I said, trying to convince him.He came to me and pleaded."I've listened to your every wish please just listen to me this one time, I can never lose you,darlin.."he requested.Genuine emotion in his eyes, making my heart break.It was exactly like my grandmother said.I am truly happy for this miracle, and no one but me seems to realise that."I did this to you and I am not forgiving myself.Maybe never.But, please please don't do this, love..."he continued.But, I had no words to say because I knew my decision would only hurt him more. In a desperate attempt to calm him, I spoke,"If anything happens to me, you will always have a part of me..".He pulled away slightly, "How can I love someone who could kill you?!"he spoke." It's been only four weeks and you look like it's been months! Don't you feel it?! It's feeding on you, y/n!!It's killing you slowly, right in front of my eyes and you are choosing wrong!!"he shouted his built-up rage finally revealing itself.I felt fresh tears sting my eyes.After all, this baby was a symbol of our love and he doesn't seem to understand that. I tried to get up to walk away when my leg slipped and I almost fell, before I felt a pair of strong arms surround me.Immediately, I pushed myself away from him and stood at a distance,fear taking over me."I'm very sorry, I said that.. "he, started but I walked out as swiftly as I could, too hurt to be with him.
My feelings seemed to get the best of me, maybe it was the pregnancy or maybe it's just me.But, I was too hurt to realize which was the reason.
With great effort and Rosalie's help I took a bath, trying to calm myself this time.The most controversial problem was the matter of nutrition.Every thing I ingested came out as vomit, weakening me further.Everytime, my parents visited, they left disappointed. I also noticed my father giving ugly looks to Jas, but he stopped as soon as I argued with him through mind.
Everyone gathered in the living room except Jasper, trying to save me at most."Ultrasounds and needles won’t penetrate the embryonic sac, even now"Carlisle spoke. "I can’t see it either and I can’t see Y/n’s future anymore"Alice replied. "What we know is that it’s strong and fast growing"Carlisle said again."My lack of visions only mean one thing, The fetus is not good for
y/n" Alice said.Rosalie retorted, "Say the word, Alice. Baby! It’s just a little baby!"."Possibly." Edward supported Alice.My head was throbbing from the voices and I reached out to massage my temples."All this fighting isn’t good for Y/n.."Esme's soothing voice rung out.It seemed that someone from the pack had arrived, from the scent I picked up, but I could not identify who it was.My wolf traits seemed to fade away slowly which made me sad.The person moved fast enough and I didn't even recognize him as he reached a few steps away from me...