.TWELVE.

"we told you this would be a horrible idea, son!". the king paced back and forth while lecturing his son, Prince Soobin. "but father! we didn't expect them to try and steal the crown!". the queen looked between the king and her son with a worried expression.

"well, we have Yeonjun still, right? what if we got his help to bring the crown back". the king paused in his steps and looked over at the queen. "you want to use a villain against his own kind?". Soobin didn't like the tone in his fathers voice and stepped forward.

"send Beomgyu and I over to the isle with Yeonjun, he can lead us to Taehyun and Huening Kai and then we can bring both them and the crown back". the king and queen turned to face Soobin. "Beomgyu? what has he got to do with all of this?"

Soobin lightly smiled. "him and Taehyun seem to really like each other, Beomgyu almost managed to stop him that day. if Beomgyu came with me, it will be easier to convince Taehyun to come back". it seemed as if the king and queen were listening carefully to what Soobin had to say.

"alright, we will have to talk with Yeonjun and convince him to stay on our side. he can then help you blend in when you go to the isle to receive the crown"

———

"and what do i get out of this?". Yeonjun shot a glare towards Soobin as the prince explained their plans. "you get your friends back and all three of you will become citizens of Heradia". it seemed as if Soobin was slowly convincing the older.

"what if i betrayed you once we got to the isle?". Soobin just smiled and sat in front of the villain. "you wont. unless you want to be put in prison for the rest of your life. and i don't want you to be stuck in a cell".

the two sat in silence for a few minutes until Yeonjun finally spoke up. "so all i need to do is lead you to Taehyun and Kai? and you'll let us stay here in Heradia for the rest of our lives?". Soobins smile brightened as he realised that Yeonjun was on board with the plan.

———

"do you think they took him?". Kai looked up at Taehyun who was staring in awe at the crown. "Yeonjun? probably. knowing him, he'll find some way out and come back here". the youngest of the two chuckled and jumped onto the sofa next to Taehyun.

"what about Beomgyu?". those words caused Taehyun to look up from the crown and into Huening Kai's eyes. "i miss him, of course. but i didn't want to ruin our friendship over some feelings". Kai rolled his eyes before snatching the crown and looking at it himself.

"some feelings? really? did you not see him crying as we ran away?". Taehyun's eyes slightly widened and he looked down. "he cried..?". Kai just nodded before placing the crown onto the table in front of him and wrapping an arm around Taehyun's shoulder.

"i don't know what came over me when i grabbed the crown and ran. my mind was so messed up that i chose the option that would lead to the worst outcome. Yeonjun wasn't even able to escape with us!". Huening Kai sighed lightly.

"do you regret it? falling in love with Beomgyu?". Taehyun sat up straight again before resting his head on Kai's shoulder. "no". "no?". "he taught me so many things i didn't even know existed. before Beomgyu, i didn't know what it felt like to love someone".

Huening Kai then quickly sat up and looked over at Taehyun. "what if we just... went back?". the older tilted his head in confusion. "we can't just go back, Kai. we'll most likely be thrown into a cell like Yeonjun is right now. they wont care about us"

———

"so this is a secret passage to the isle? why didn't we just use this to get here in the first place". Yeonjun rolled his eyes as Soobin showed him a long tunnel that led straight from Heradia to the isle. "well if you knew about it, you'd try to escape."

Yeonjun quickly turned around and faced Beomgyu. "i'm only tolerating you because Taehyun likes you". the youngers jaw slightly dropped and Soobin couldn't hold in his laugh. both Yeonjun and Beomgyu turned to Soobin as he let out his laugh.

Yeonjun looked at him with and amused smile while Beomgyu looked at him with a playful glare. "so, your highness, are we going now?". it was now Beomgyu's turn to let out a little laugh as Yeonjun said those words to Soobin. the prince just coughed and nodded.

"right, yes. let's go through".