26

The next day came, leaving Regina to wake up in the arms of Emma. The pair were clothed in bed for the first time ever, they were always naked or at least underwear. She then remembered how they just cuddle up to watch a movie the night before, not even remembering falling asleep. Regina rolled over in Emma's arms, waking the woman up.

"Morning" Emma mumbled, not bothering to open her eyes as she pulled her closer. That's when she noticed they were still fully clothed, opening her eyes to check she felt right. "Shit, did we not have sex"

"Apparently not. We don't share a bed without having sex first, this is a new one for us" Regina awkwardly replied, sitting up to be out of the blondes arms.

"I don't even remember falling asleep" Emma tiredly said, giving a confused look to the woman.

"Neither but this isn't a good thing, we can't do this" Regina sighed, rubbing her eyes and head to relieve stress.

"Why not"

"Why? Because that would make us a real couple and we are far from that!"

"Hey, don't snap at me. I wasn't the one who said no sex" Emma quickly said, sitting up a little to show her annoyance.

"No, you were the one who said we shouldn't talk which meant we ended up cuddling and we don't cuddle" Regina huffed, already on her way out of bed to avoid the blondes gaze.

"I didn't want to talk because we always end up fight, that's why we have been putting it off" Emma said with a sigh, trying not to snap in order to stop a fight.

"Well, maybe, we should stop all this avoiding and actually talk" Regina sternly said, spinning on her heels to show her serious face.

"We've just woke up, I haven't even had a coffee or a scotch yet" Emma replied tiredly, knowing the brunette has just woke up in a panic.

"There's always an excuse with you! We never talk, you always find away out of it!" Regina huffed in an angry voice, listing to how it got louder and louder.

"Are you serious right now? It's 7:30 in the morning and you are complaining because I don't want to talk! I don't even want to be awake right now" Emma finally snapped, climbing out of the bed to stand opposite the brunette.

"If I said let's have sex, you'd find away to be awake! Emma, this is not ok and it needs to be talked about! You're leaving in three days, how long do you expect this avoiding to last" Regina asked in a stressed out tone, showing she was freaking out about them waking up together.

"You know what, it's too early for this. I'm going, we can talk later" Emma sighed in exhaustion, turning to hear towards the door.

"There's a shocker, ay? Emma Swan is running away from another problem" Regina mockingly said, glaring as she saw the blonde leaving.

"What is that suppose to me" Emma quickly asked, pausing in her tracks to face the brunette.

"Isn't it obvious? You run from everything and everyone, you're about to run from me again and you're not even brave enough to admit it" Regina replied in a snappy voice, stepping closer to the blonde.

"Fine, you want the truth? No, I'm not taking you and that's not because I'm running from you; it's because I love you" Emma softly said, her face showing anger but her eyes revealing pain.

"Don't pull that shit"

"What shit"

"That whole 'because you love me' bullshit!" Regina replied, appearing as if it was obvious what she meant.

"It's not bullshit and you know it. Rita told me what you did, she let it slip because she assumed you'd have told me" Emma quickly fired back, taking a step closer to intimidate the brunette.

"And what exactly is that" Regina asked with more sass than she intended.

"The bullet that hit you was actually aimed for me. I know that you saw it coming and stepped in front to protect me" Emma simply replied, silencing the brunette. Regina just closed her eyes as she looked down, knowing she didn't want Emma finding this out. The blonde took a step forward and lifted her head up, locking their eyes. "Why didn't you tell me"

"Because I knew you wouldn't take me if I did... I know you too well, Swan, I know you'd leave me if you knew I'd risk my life for you" Regina softly said, leaving her head there but letting her eyes flick away.

"I can't take you, I can't risk you dying" Emma said with a gentle but exhausted sigh, moving her hand to the brunettes cheek. As Regina's eyes flicked up, they met with the equally sad pair green eyes. "I can't live without you"

"You're leaving and not taking me with you, you're going to be living without me" Regina questioned, knowing the phrasing didn't work for this moment. Emma just stayed quiet, subtly avoiding eye contact now; Regina quickly noticed. "Swan, what was that look"

"What look" Emma asked, snapping her gaze back to the brunettes eyes.

"That look" Regina replied with a sigh, pointing at the blondes guilty face. "You made a face, why"

"I didn't. Look, I don't-"

"No, you did"

"Gina, let it go" Emma said in a stern voice that just came off as the begging it truly was.

"You are going to be living without me, right" Regina questioned nervously, putting emphasis on the word living. Emma, one again, stayed quiet. "Swan, answer me and tell the truth"

"Regina, just let it go" Emma quickly said, refusing to give the brunette an answer.

"ANSWER ME" Regina shouted, getting into the blondes face to show her desperation.

"I DON'T, OK?" Emma snapped back, unaware she just answered the brunettes question.

Regina's face dropped at the words, fearing what they meant. Emma just sighed in disappointment at herself, turning away to hide her shame. Regina went to reach out to touch the blonde but, her body just in too much shock, she retracted away.

"You can't do that... You can't take your own life" Regina said in an almost begging voice, unsure whether she was asking or telling.

"I'm not, don't worry" Emma mumbled, showing she was just twisting the words to trick the brunette out of her thoughts.

"Then who is"