2: Ginny

Ginny has been absolutely dreading that day.

Since professor Moody told the third years of her house along with the ones of Slytherin that they would study how to conquer their fears with boggarts at the next lesson her stomach has been doing flips and turns as if it was a muggle surfer.

She has Moody again on Friday.

Before the class began and during free period she had picked up some fantasy book with elves and dragons she had found in the fairytale section of the library so she was reading that.

When the three bells ring, signaling to all students to go to their respective classrooms she still doesn't take her eyes off the novel. She enters the class reading it, and then hides in a dark corner to the left, while her classmates, Slytherins and Gryffindors are standing to the front.

Moody is already inside in front of the wardrobe that the boggard is locked in.

His glass eye spots her, along with her book, away from the others and his expression doesn't turn any kinder. "Come now, lassie!" He yells, voice booming and the whole class turns to her. "I know you must feel nervous, but all you're doing is slowing the process down for everyone, including yourself! Now, put that book inside your bag and join the others!"

She reluctantly walks towards to the back of the group. She opens the zipper of her second handed leather bag, placing the tome inside and closing it afterwards.

The man with the blond, almost white hair, and the eye patch for his glass eye to be supported by, looks at them with sheer determination and not the slightest bit of pity. "Now... I recognize that some of you..."
And his good eye glances at her ashen face, before resuming. "...have fears that must have shook you to the core. To those I say, be proud of yourselves, because you made it that far. Many of you will be reminiscent of this day years from now and laugh it off."

Ginny very much doubts that this will be the case with her.

The man continues. "Of course after five minutes, should you feel unprepared or uncomfortable - and upon request - I will lock the boggart back inside. Form a line now, quickly! The sooner we're done with this, the sooner you will leave. The counterspell is Riddikulus."

She drops her bag on a chair, but she is already missing her novel. Better to imagine a giant from that book, rather than... Never mind. Better not to think about her first year. She is thirteen now. Older. More mature.

As expected, she goes to the very end of the line.

Her classmates imagine monsters and killing clowns, disappointed parents who yell a lot and teachers telling them they failed.

She can sympathize with the 'disappointed parent' part. Her mother may adored her, but the pressure on her shoulders was real, since Molly wanted her and Percy to be the best, like Billy and Charlie had been. Not good for her anger fits, that's for certain.

She keeps thinking of nice things. Her family. Her mom's chocolate cake.

Her turn comes in less that twenty minutes. She has her wand with her, at the ready.

The beautiful unicorn that was produced by some other kid turns into ashes. The ashes swirl in the air and fly inside the wardrobe. Then it opens.

The cupboard appears to be empty- No. Wait. There's a person inside.
She sees green robes amongst the black. She sees long snake like fingers twirling around a wand. She sees dark twisty curls. Eyes flashing red. And a grin, barely visible. There, at his left lip corner.
Tom Riddle has come to life once again before her and she is sure her knees will betray her and she will crack her skull, fainting like this.
But she doesn't faint. She is curious of how well the boggart can replicate her fear. After all, imitating something simply by sight and not by soul and character is useless. Boggarts are mindless entities anyway-