Chapter 1 - New Girl

"Watch it bitch!" Someone sneered behind my back as they pushed me into a locker.

My binder fell out of my hands and echoed throughout the almost empty hallway when it hit the ground with a thud. I kneel down and quickly try to save my stray away papers that fell out. The few people in the hallway laugh and stare at me rather than helping me.

Just as I gather all of my things and move to stand up, ready to move to my next class, I notice my necklace that must have also fallen out of my binder laying in the middle of the hallyway and a girl walking directly towards it, without noticing.

I rush forwards on my knees and lay my left hand on top of it just as the girls sneaker clad foot steps directly where it was, meaning she steps on top of my fingers. I hiss through my teeth at the pain making her jump a mile in the air and stare at me in shock  as she realises what she's done.

I stand up and show her my necklace that she was about to step on before I clasp it around my neck for safe keeping.

"Oh I'm so sorry!" She says as she covers her mouth with her hands.

"It's alright" I mumble and smile slightly as she still looks horrified.

At least someone has morals I think, exasperated.

I turn around and start to walk towards my next class when the girl appears next to me.

"Wait, what's your name?" She asks.

"Rayne" I answer after a slight hesitation.

"My name's Beth, Nice to meet you" She grins and holds her hand out to shake.

I place my hand in hers and shake firmly.

"Woah! You may be a small chick but you have a firm grip" She states.

I blush and nod shyly. She chuckles at me.

"And I thought I was shy"

I blush even more and use my blonde hair to hide my face from her.

"Hey, I don't bite" She says and nudges her elbow into my tricep slightly.

I giggle slightly and tuck my hair behind my ear so she can see me more.

"That's better!" She grins again.

I smile at her and continue on my way to class. She asks for my schedule so I give it to her.

"You've been here since yesterday?!" She asks, shocked

I nod slightly, making her laugh to herself.

"Wow, I really need to pay more attention in lessons if the only way I notice the new girl is by stepping on her hand" She scolds herself.

I laugh slightly although my hand throbs slightly in remembrance.

"Ok, so you have second period AP calculas with me, you have third period History with me, and you have Lunch with me" She tells me.

I nod, happy that she's in my lesson with me right now. She grabs my hand and drags me to our class as quick as she can and, just as the warning bell rings, we enter the classroom. I keep my face down and ignore the stares as Beth drags me to sit directly at the back of the class.

The class is set out in rows. There are 3 rows all together and you can fit 10 people on each row with a gap directly in the middle that allows people to get to their seats easily. All the rows face the teacher who is an old man with a eager grin on his face.

Probably loves teaching unlike most teachers I think excitedly.

"Ok class, today we are going to-" The teachers cut off by the door opening and 5 guys walking in with scowls on their faces.