Chapter 5. They can't hear you anymore

"Brilliant, that's just absolutely most definitely brilliant." Blaise's loud voice traveled down the halls like he'd been mic'd up. 

"What's happening?" Pansy walked out of her classroom which I was waiting for her to finish. "I think Theo's trying to sell Blaise on a drug that'll make him confident or something. Apparently Harry took some and it boosted his luck, or mood. I'm not too sure."

"For what exactly? And since when was it a good idea to be taking potions via Theo?" We laughed. Our free period was now, so out of habit and good old tradition on a Friday, Pansy and I begun walking towards the courtyard for a snack. 

The halls were crowded and packed with tiny first years, clearly all headed to the same class. Care of magical creatures by the looks of things. 

"Miss... Y/N." A low grouchy voice echoed behind us both. I swiftly turned to see who was calling me, but I didn't need a face to put to that voice. 

"Professor Snape... Can I help you at all?" I enquired him. Pansy hated Snape with a passion. He terrified her, but of course he had no knowledge of this. "I'm gonna go, catch up with me later?"  I nodded and she hurriedly stalked off. 

"As a matter of fact yes you can Miss Y/N. I'm sure you are well aware of the detention Professor Slug horn set you and Malfoy a couple weeks ago?" 

Shit. I forgot about that. 

"Oh well, yes but I forgo-"

"And I'm sure you wouldn't be skipping detention to go off and enjoy a free period when you are well aware of this?" In all fairness, I wasn't skipping. 

"Well no but honestly I just forgo-"

"Miss Y/N you failed to show up to last weeks detention which I will only let slide once considering Malfoy had given you a reminded the day of."

What? No he did not. That inconsiderable lying bastard. 

"Well then, lets not let that happen again, shall we?"

"Yes professor..."

"Good. Now follow me and we may begin your session." He stated sternly and turned around in his cloak, guiding me to the dungeons where our detention was being held. 

The dungeons were cold and draughty. Not like our common room. Particularly these parts of the dungeons... Snape's office lay in the deepest part of the castle, which made for a very intimidating profile. No wonder he looks sick all the time. He barely gets any sun the poor man. 

The dungeon door swung open allowing Snape a 'mini-grand entrance' very much his style. Low and behold, I was not going to be the only one with detention this period. I had hoped he wasn't going to show since he had already sat his punishment. But no. There he was. Dark enchanting eyes, an expressionless face and the same gripping hands on the table, which had held my throat one too many times. Fuck him. Fuck this. 

Lets just get this over with. I shot him a glare and sat down, then faced Snape who was already watching me with eagle eyes from the front of the classroom. 

"Now you two." He started. "I want this classroom spotless. The previous first years" He rolled his eyes in annoyance "have been spilling and burning all sorts of things in here last period. You may not use your wands.  I want you to turn them in to me before I leave. You will have around three hours."

"Wait three hours?" I questioned in outrage. "With him. You want me to spend three hours in a classroom with  him?"

"Miss Y/N I am not saying you have to socialize with Mr malfoy for these three hours. I just don't want one of you dead by the time I get back. You were set a detention because you could not be civil."