THE REUNION

ELEANOR LEYWIN:

The mysterious man stepped out of the shadows revealing his sharp features. He had wheat blond hair and bright golden eyes which seems to see through everything even through my soul, he wore a faint nervous smile on his pale white face. He was completely alien to me, at least he should have been but a strong feeling of familiarity ran down my spine. I had never seen that hair or eyes in my life but it felt like I have known the beholder of them for years as if he was someone very precious to me, someone I admired. A river of emotions started flowing throughout my body and mind as if an old dam was finally opened inside me. While I was puzzled with everything going on inside I realized my eyes were filled with tears, my heart was pounding at a pace that it might break through my ribs and come out, my hands and legs were trembling and I was already biting my lips to prevent myself from breaking into a series of crying howls. The man in front of me was...my brother! From the corner of my eyes, I saw my mother she was looking at Arthur, eyes filled with tears and disbelief, her trembling hand was on her lips as she spoke "A-Arthur" in a low trembling voice but clear enough that everyone could hear. It looked like she also realized that the man with those unfamiliar looks was her son...my brother. I ran, pushing the ground as hard as I could, and jumped on my brother holding him with such a strength that might break the bones of a normal person. I cried, tears running down my face as I tightened my grip. He wrapped his arm gently and with supreme care as he embraced me. Mom walked up to us with tears running down her face, her eyes continuously running throughout my brother's body as she spread out her arm and held both of us down. "Thank god you are safe," she said, her trembling voice containing a sense of relief. I looked up at Arthur's face, tears running down his cheeks as he opened his mouth and said "I-I am back...mom, Ellie, I am back" looking at mom and then at me. All three of us sat there hugging each other trying to save the feeling of our reunion, the reunion for which I had lost hope a long time ago but it felt as if it was the thing I needed the most, my mind was filled with a lot of questions about what happened after he saved Tessia, where was he all this time, what's going on with his new look and why didn't he contacted us until now but kicking those questions out of my mind I continued to embrace my brother, a delighted smile forming on my face while I pressed my face harder against my brother's chest.