ONE

1|LIFE

The cold glass fogged against her breath, a delicate finger drawing flowers in the mist. A small cry disturbed her from her peaceful state, small fingers reaching up and pulling at her long dark locks.

She cooed down at the small baby curled up against her chest, ocean blue eyes staring up at her.

"Dinner time?" Rumple entered the room, chuckling at his child groping for some food.

"For her, yes." Celeste warned his greedy eyes as she pulled her dress off her shoulders. "What have I missed? You have that look in your eyes."

"Put Libella to sleep and meet me downstairs." He sighed, kissing her forehead and stroking his daughters light brown locks.

Celeste wandered down the stairs hesitantly, noticing her husband sat by the fire with a drink in his hand.

"Rumplestiltskin." She warned him, stealing the drink from his hand and placing it on the table beside him. She sat on his lap, forcing him to stare into her eyes. "What are you hiding from me?"

"Regina called." Rumple sighed, kissing her lips delicately. "Hook, he was killed."

"What?" Her eyes filled with tears, hands gripping his shirt tightly. "You're lying. He managed to survive you. He can't be dead."

"I'm sorry, love." He rubbed circles on her back, regret filling his heart as she fell asleep against his chest.

Celeste found herself in their large bed, arms stretching above her head as she glanced over at the empty cradle beside her. The panic quickly set in, eyes darting around the room as she threw the blanket off her body.

"Morning, love." Rumple said softly as he walked into the room, Libella silently in his arms, delicate fingers reaching for her father's face. "How are you feeling?"

"I don't know." She answered truthfully, carefully taking their daughter from his arms to feed her. "I don't know how I feel."

"It's okay." He sat beside her, wrapping his arm gently around her as he stroked Libella's lively black hair. "You're allowed to be confused with your emotions. You've gone through so much these last few days."

"I need to see her." Celeste pleaded with him, looking up with glassy eyes. "I need to talk to her."

"I don't think that's a good idea." Rumple said wearily, his hand stilling on his daughter's head. "She almost killed you. She almost killed Libella."

"She's still my friend." She argued, her raised tone startling the baby in her arms. "I can't stay in this house forever. I'm going crazy."

"It's for your safety and my peace of mind." He tried to convince her to trust him but she refused to step down,

"Rumple." Celeste placed a comforting hand on his cheek. "I'm still here. I'm still alive."

"I'm scared I might lose you." His face crumbled, leaning into the comfort of her hand as he stared down at his daughter, knowing he would do anything to protect her. "I can't lose my family."

"My love." She leaned in, placing her lips delicately against his. He melted against her touch, resting his hand on the bed frame as his other hand pulled her in closer, wanting to close the space between them, explore her body. The two were quickly interrupted by the whines of their daughter, her curious hands reaching out for her parents.

"You can see her as long as I'm near." He finally caved, pulling back and standing up straight. Rumplestiltskin let out a sigh, running his hands through his hair in defeat.

"Thank you, oh mighty Dark One." Celeste teased. Her smile on her lips faultered momentarily as she spotted a familiar gleam hidden deep within his eyes. He was the Dark One again.

~•~

"Emma!" Celeste greeted the blonde woman as she walked into Granny's diner, Snow White close behind. "How are you? I'm so sorry about Killian."

"Celeste." Emma attempted to give her a smile, her lip slightly turning upwards, wanting to avoid her questions. "Is that?" Her words trailed off, eyes staring at the small baby in Rumplestiltskins arms.

"Ah, yes." Celeste hesitated before reaching down and taking her daughter into her arms. "This is Libella Gold."

"She looks just like you." The blonde woman pulled her hands behind her back, noticing the fear in Celeste's eyes as she leaned in closer to take a better look at the small baby.

"Celeste, I'm so happy for you." Snow stepped forwards, bring her friend in for a tight embrace, cautious of the small baby in her arms. "How are you? Do you need to sit down? I know it was a difficult birth, are you allowed to be walking around this soon?"

She quickly helped Celeste sit back down beside Rumple, noticing the protective hold the man had on his wife and daughter. Snow sat down across from them, gesturing for Emma to join them.

"I'm feeling a lot better, thank you." Celeste smiled gratefully, distracted by her husband cooing at Libella. Her face turned serious as she faced Emma but a softness in her eyes remained. "Emma, I don't blame you. If you need forgiveness, I forgive you."

"I don't deserve your forgiveness." Emma breathed out, the exhaustion of everything setting in. "I almost killed you, and your daughter."

"Everyone deserves a second chance." She smiled as she gave her husband a side eye. "Or more in some cases." Celeste set her eyes on the woman before her, a cold look in her eyes as her smile dropped. "But if you ever even raise a hand towards my daughter. I will hang you by your eyes and tongue from the clock tower."

"Thank you, Celeste."

"So." Celeste reached her hand across the table, grabbing Emma's and squeezing it. "How are you?"