3- Concern

Sabine sat down beside her husband on the couch and sighed as the two of them looked over some legal paperwork regarding the whole Lila situation. It's been a rough and lengthy process, but with the help of their daughter giving them the proof that they needed to file some charges, the Dupain-Chengs were ready to finally end this madness.

She felt bad that it had to end this way, alongside partly being the cause of Marinette loosing most of her friends. It wasn't her intention of doing so, Marinette just needed a stern punishment for her actions towards Adrien before her stalking went too far.

What originally started out as a crush ended up turning into an unhealthy obsession, one that could've went badly had she and Tom not intervened. To find out later on from her daughter that some of her friends had influenced this really made Sabine sick to her stomach. She knew that they were trying to help their friend out, but instead they only influenced this whole situation negatively.

     Sabine wished she or Tom had noticed beforehand. Maybe if they caught on earlier, none of this wouldn't have happened. Their daughter would be living a completely normal life right now with all of her friends by her side...before Lila took them all away.

     Whatever problem Lila has with her daughter, Sabine isn't putting up with it anymore. Regardless if this is most likely something Adrien related or not, Sabine wasn't about to let this girl get away with all the suffering she caused Marinette. She had taken this too far now, and it's now time to take some legal actions, rather it's getting a restraining order filed or potentially some jail time.

     Grabbing her phone and sending a message out to the guardians of Marinettes classmates, Sabine explained to them why her daughter was unable to access her phone for a while. At least her classmates will have some sort of closure now....

     Hopefully they will see through Lila's bullshit and eventually come to their senses. Most of them are good kids with a lot of potential, it's just a shame they're quick to believe a pathological liar over everyone else...

     Only time will tell though, only time will tell....

     "Oh hey dad, what are you baking?" Marinette asked as she peeked over her dads shoulder.

     "I'm making some of my famous macaroons for you and your friends to enjoy," Tom cheerfully responded as he mixed the ingredients together, "What time are they going to arrive?"

     "They'll be here in a couple of minutes," Marinette lifted a bag of flour from the floor and headed towards the storage area, "And don't worry, I'll be fine."

     Tom sighed, "Okay, I trust you. But if anything bad happens-"

     "Dad, it'll be fine," Marinette reassured him.

     "Promise?" Tom asked her.

     Marinette nodded, "Promise."

     The group arrived at Marinettes house a few minutes later and settled down in the living room as Marinette was getting ready to greet them. A few moments later Marinette came down the steps with a big smile on her face.

     "Guys, it's been such a long time since I've seen you all!"

     "Well we missed you too, Marinette," Rose ran over and hugged Marinette before escorting her over to the couch, "So how have you been doing? Have you managed to confess your feelings to Adrien yet?"

     Marinette nervously gulped, "About the Adrien thing...."

     Marinette spent the next ten minutes explaining everything that's been happening over the past four weeks, from her parents finding out about her stalker-ish behavior to the weekly therapy sessions with Ms. Gardner. She then proceeded to explain why she wasn't able to contact them for two weeks and about the whole Lila situation.