the lengths we go to

"Maybe they won't show it." Amy leaned forward on the roof terrace bench, resting her chin on her hands as she stared glumly at the floor.

"Of course they'll show it," Lucas replied from where he sat opposite her. He leaned back against the terrace wall and crossed his arms, shaking his head slightly. "All the producers care about is drama, you know that. And two people fucking each other on the last night, while their partners are sleeping soundly in their own beds? That's drama."

Ugh, Amy thought. She rubbed her temples, wondering how she could have been so stupid. The last fucking night in the villa, and she'd made the biggest mistake you could possibly make on Love Island – going behind her partner's back to fuck someone else.

"But during the final?" she asked. "Surely not, right? The final's supposed to be all about celebrating love..."

She was grasping at straws now, desperately clinging to any hope that remained of getting herself out of this mess.

"You kidding?" Lucas snorted. "That's a scandal people won't stop talking about for years. It's reality tv gold."

"Ugh. You're right. You're so fucking right."

"Accept it, Ames," he said as he stood up and headed towards the terrace door. "You fucked it. Big time."

"What do I do, though?"

She gave him a look of desperation, and he paused with his hand on the doorknob. "You could try telling them."

Amy screwed her face in disgust. "And ruin everyone's last day in the villa? Hope will have a fit, and then everyone's gonna be miserable."

"Should've thought about that before you fucked her partner, then."

"You're no help." She picked up one of the terrace cushions and threw it at him, and he easily caught it, then tossed it to the side.

"Sorry, Ames. You know I love you and am here for you, but I can't back you on this one. Tell them now, or they'll find out on live television with the rest of the world tonight. It's your choice."

With that, he stepped inside the villa, leaving Amy alone to contemplate her misjudgement in peace. She groaned as she picked up another cushion and buried her face in it.

The whole time she'd been there, she'd done everything right. When she walked out onto the lawn on the first day, it had been easy enough to pinpoint Bobby as someone who'd be a fan favourite – he had the looks, the humour, and the underdog factor. Coupling up with him and getting him to fall for her was child's play. Acting like she felt the same way had stretched her limits, but she was fairly certain she'd put on a good performance.

Priya stealing him on Day 2 had been an obstacle she'd easily overcome; she'd been all hurt smiles and fake tears for the cameras, pretending to put on a good face about it, though she was fuming on the inside. Bobby had eaten it right up and promised to pick her again when he had the chance, and he'd made good on that promise.

When he cooked up Operation Nope, she acted like she was upset that he would imply that it was too soon for couples to get serious, and he'd been extra apologetic that night, bringing her to multiple orgasms. She decided he was almost worth keeping around for the sex alone – the poor fool was dedicated, that was for sure.

Then, to her dismay, Lucas had stolen her during the aptly named "Disaster Recoupling," and she'd given him a piece of her mind, insisting she was only interested in Bobby. Afterwards, the girls were whisked away to Casa Amor, where she had played the loyalty card and pretended to pine after Bobby, refusing to give any of the other boys a chance.