I Need You

Shawn's POV

I woke up to the sound of my phone buzzing on my bedside table. Struggling to open my eyes, I lazily felt around the wooden surface before picking up my phone.

Her name flashed on my screen as I squinted my eyes from the bright light of the device.

My heart raced as I sat up, running a hand through my messy morning hair. It's been so long since she last called me, and I craved to hear the sound of her delicate voice flood my ears.

Although she had broken up with me months ago, I still wanted her back. I wanted to fix everything, and make sure that nothing would ever come between us.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I quickly picked it up, scared. All of the worst possible things came to mind before my numerous thoughts were interrupted by her trembling voice.

"Shawn?"

"Hey, hi, (y/n)," I stammered, now fully awake, flicking on the bedside lamp.

"I need you," she whispered, her faint voice making me remember the nights when she would spill her feelings to me, crying into my shoulder. The image of her heavy eyes and face drained of color, was forever etched in my mind.

I didn't even bother asking what for. All I knew was that I just needed to hold her in my arms again.

"Im coming," I whispered as I tore the bedsheets off my body, slipping on a pair of sweatpants and a white t-shirt.

I hung up and put my shoes on, grabbing my car keys and heading for the front door. I quietly made my way outside before sprinting to my car, the drive to her house being less than fifteen minutes.

Her front door was locked as I jiggled the metal knob, before remembering the spare key she kept hidden in the tall plant beside the door.

Glancing at my wrist watch once more, I made my way into her house, and up to her room, knowing it as if it were my own.

She was sitting up, her frail body engulfed in the plush duvet, her eyes lighting up a bit as she caught sight of me.

"You called?" I shrugged slightly, giving her a weak smile as she drew her lips together, making room for me on her bed.

"I'm sorry, Shawn, for everything. I was s-stupid to let you go, I was stupid for thinking you'd leave me first. I don't k-know why I did," she shook her head, taking in deep breaths, "but, I do know that I miss you," she glanced up at me, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Shh, it's okay baby, breathe," I rubbed her back, laying a gentle kiss on her forehead while she sighed in my arms.

"Shawn?" My name left her pale, chapped lips as she looked up at me, her eyes bloodshot red.

"Yeah?"

"I-I still love you," the words poured from her mouth, my body going numb, for I'd waited so long to hear those words leave her lips again.

"I love you too, (y/n), so much. The truth is, I never stopped," I cupped her chin in my hand, my eyes narrowed down into hers.

"Really?" She was taken back by my statement, a small gleam in her deep colored eyes.

"Yeah." I nodded, pursing my lips, "These past few months have been hell without you. I missed you so much," tears formed in my eyes while she sniffled a bit, resting her palm against my chest, "I just wanted to come and hold you one last time."

"You know," she mumbled quietly, the sound of her soft breathing relaxed me, "this doesn't have to be the last time."

My eyes flickered down to her lips and back up to her eyes. She gave me a small, reassuring nod before I leaned in, pressing my lips against hers. The feeling of her mouth against mine was one I had missed so dearly, the incredible feeling being much too hard to describe.

I smiled and laid down next to her, her small body tucked into my chest as I stroked her cheek with my thumb.

"You're right, it doesn't," I peered down at her while she wiped the remaining tears from her eyes, letting out a small laugh.

"(Y/n), will you be mine again?" Her eyes met mine, her lips curved upwards as she nodded her head quickly.

"Yes, Shawn, a million times yes."

_________________________
this one made me cringe sOoO hard omfg editing it was the best decision i've ever made dear lord have mercy this was a nightmare to read.

-Rebecca