1. The new potions master

The kings cross station, platform no. 9 3/4 was more crowded than usual. The holiday spirit was at its peak. I've never witnessed such joy and excitement in the air. People were storming in from the barrier. I think there has never been so many people in the platform during the christmas holiday. To be honest, its my first time in four years too. I had real fun this holiday. I got to see my mom, and..... i don't think there is anything else. But, I barely get to see my mom. Also i re read the potions book. I think this year is going to be great. Wow, although i arrived early, the compartments are almost full. But i still managed to secure an empty compartment. Now all I had to do was wait for my crazy-sweet bestfriend from ravenclaw -- Hayley Scott. She'll probably be late. So I started reading my potions book. No matter how many times I read it, it never fails to satisfy me.

She's 20 minuites late. The train is about to leave in five minuites. Thats so like her. I craned my head outside the window to see if she there was a curly brown headed girl. I give up. She'll be late. I was worried that she was really going to miss the train this time. Suddenly my compartment broke open. A flustered girl with slender body and curly brown hair stormed in the compartment. Thats Hayley. She started explaining for the late. All her words were getting mixed up and she probably wasn't even understanding what she was saying.

'its okay' i said, a little loudly.
She sighed and sat down.
"Hey sweetie, how are you?" She asked, her voice calm now.
" I'm fine." I replied.
" So, this christmas have been amazing.... " she started to say.
" I had so much fun. And you know, Timmy visited and you know....."
Timothy Grayson is a seventh year boy and Hayley's boyfriend. The Scotts and Graysons were very close, so he and his family decided to visit the scotts. She barely wrote any letters this holiday. Except for that very long one in christmas...
" So, you read my letter right...." said Hayley

I did. It was about the gift Timothy gave her. In the night. Their parents were attending the first christmas night party in 30 years. And while they were out, they had..... umm...

"It was amazing. It was heavenly. And any wonderful words you can think of." Said Hayley.

" Umm ..... that's good to hear." I said awkwardly.

" You should try it. Not that I'm saying that you should date anyone for it. I'm just saying that you can try dating someone."

" No thanks. I have other important things to do. Like studying" I said

" oh c'mon, you're not going to spend the rest of your life with that potions book." Hayley said rolling her eyes.

" well.... its not a bad way to spend my life" i said thoughtfully.

" Well, I'm not going to let you spend your life like that." She said firmly.

" Maybe, you should give up. Because i plan on--"

" fine, fine, i get it..... geez...... you are so stubborn. Lets change the topic"

" thank you " I was glad we changed the topic

" Do you know professor Slughorn is retiring? Its so sudden"

" I know. And its strange that they found a new teacher so easily"

" Yeah, and i heard rumours that the professor is young, like really young" she said with her eyes wide and a smug expression.

" Really? Where do you get such information?" I was amazed.

" I have my sources. Well, its exciting. Right? I mean all of our teachers are so old." She winked at me.

" He'll be our teacher Hayley."

" Still....."

And the rest of the journey was spend on talking about this new teacher and other things.

We reached the hogwarts castle. I had to separate from Hayley as I had to go to my own house table. I have no idea how i got in slytherin. I wish i was ravenclaw. Or any house for that matter.

I picked a seat far away from my previous bullies. Those were the worst days of my life. My 1st and 2nd year were really horrible. I remember i used to be so petrified and so alone all the time. I remember lying in bed, sleepless, crying soundlessly, unable to move. They used to bully me for my nerdiness, my soft behaviour, me being muggleborn. I was a miserable little girl and I hated hogwarts back then.But then i met a certain boy.

He was crying when I met him. For some reason, i felt so sad and... relieved. I didn't knew him. And he didn't even knew I existed. But he made me realise that somewhere in this world there are person who are sadder than you, has bigger problem than you have. I thought that compared to these persons or him my life is so much better. I should be happy. This cured me of my sadness. And my life changed. Whenever they used to bully me, i gave a smile and walked away. And soon all the bullying stopped. He made me happy. He is the first and the only guy I have been ever curious about. Not even, Hayley knows about him. Thinking about all this, I never even realised that the feast has ended.

Dumbledore has risen from his seat to announce the arrival of the new teacher.

" We have a new and young professor among us, who'll be your potions master. Please, welcome Severus Snape."

My whole world swiped away from my feet at the mention of that name. What! How is this be possible?!

Severus Snape. The person who changed my world. Suddenly my mind went blank. What is he doing here? I saw him. He was wearing a long black cloak, his hair longer and his face stern and pale. Everyone clapped. But I remained fixated in my position. I could feel myself getting petrified again. Then someone shook me and said. " Get up you weirdo."
Everyone was leaving. As I got up all i could think what in the world was happening. How is he..... how can he be the new potions master!!

A/n: hello dear readers! Thank you so so much for reading my story❤❤❤. It means so much to me. And this is my first time writing a story.So, Please commemt if you like or find some mistakes. It will be helpful if you guys give some suggestions too. Thank you!😇😇

Reminder!!! This story takes place after the fall of voldemort at the hands of B
Baby Harry potter. When Snape was 21.