Chapter-02

It's been a couple days already since the arrival of Gato in fleet activities Yokosuka with the supply convoy she tagged along with, and now being re-enlisted back to the U.S. Navy as a seaman, currently she's been attached to the kanmusu or ship girl submarine squadron operating out of Yokosuka with the Japanese submarines. Much to her persistence to have her assigned with the surface ship girls of the 7th fleet, but it was decided way above her pay grade so she just have to suck it in and deal with it.

While still at bed and the morning sun shining outside of her window she thought of the current situation she found herself in. Groggily waking herself up and removing the sheets that kept her warm and snug at night, she looked at the watch they bought her at the NEX (Navy Exchange) within the base with the time only being 09:45 and she remembered that today was her assigned training session with the Japanese submarines and their minder later in the afternoon.

After taking a shower and opening her wardrobe and picking out her clothes which are all custom made for her, it was nearly all old styled Naval uniforms with an exception to her formal uniform and at least two sets of Type 3 NWU's with a few civilian clothing for off duty activities. For her on duty uniforms she has two service khaki uniforms and the aforementioned Type 3 NWU's, then her service dress uniform and summer whites with the ever so present Dixie cup hat. 

And though no longer used by the U.S. Navy since 1999 to go with her collection, a set of the old blue Navy dungarees that her old sailors used to wear before her decommissioning with her name GATO  on the left of her chest and on the right U.S. Navy and then a baseball cap with the submariner dolphins, her name and hull number and a silhouette of a Permit class SSN. And then her pajamas which she immediately throwed at the laundry basket already.

Thinking she'd opt for the dungarees today just to keep it simple though she did note that wearing the navy's Type 3 NWU would be such a pain, and almost all of the ship girls barely abide by uniform standards, since it was accepted that exemptions can be made for the ship girls in the American navy into which all ship girls could adapt quickly after being summoned, the only time they'll wear something to speak of a uniform up to date are on duty days, formal events, or ceremonies.

Gato then turned to her rack which fits her nicely for a girl of her size, though compared to the bunks her sailors used aboard her back then when she was still a submarine, it's bigger and more comfier to sleep in, and one thing to note her current rack is a total mess. She guessed she was a little frisky while asleep, sighing she then started to fix it to Navy standards.

As she fixes her rack she has this sudden thought went through her mind the fact that she is now back in the human world and and much less she used to be submarine still baffles her, but she did like the second chance she's been given and the new friends and memories she'll make at her second life.

She did find the Japanese submarines a rather interesting group of boats, though they are leagues different from one another they are all still submarines and a sense of friendship is blooming between the American Nuclear boat and the Japanese boats, she also found their assigned "caretaker and trainer" in the form of the submarine tender Taigei as a comforting and yet motherly figure with her soft and kind words, Gato wondered if it would be ok if she calls her "Mom" but alas she dropped the idea since it kinda sounded weird and is quite cringe for her own taste.

Though she thought it would be better if she called Nautilus mom since she was the first of the nuclear boats but one thing Gato is uncertain is that "Has Nautilus been summoned yet as a ship girl?"  She thought. So many questions but so little answers, the amount of possibilities is just endless, she then figured maybe she'll pay a visit to the American ship girl headquarters in Yokosuka. Where her commanding officer Rear Admiral Anderson should be by now, at least speaking of her mundane schedule at the base.