chapter two- independence day

I've signed all the blank spaces I needed to and now there's no going back. I'm under a four year license with the WWE. I lean back on the bed with a sigh.

"Did you sign it?!" Seth sits up from his bed and I nod.

"I had to." I mutter. "I got goaded into responsibility."

"You didn't care to see that your getting payed every three weeks, you also didn't read over that you will be under the ownership of Vince and he has the say in how and when you work?"

"Your under his ownership too aren't you." I flip my hair up. "He is after all your boss."

"I am under the license of WWE. Seth Rollins is owned by the company but I have freedom of speech, most of the time, and I get paid every other week.

"But I'm getting paid more than you get in one month, you get 250 grand every two weeks where as I get paid 725 grand every three weeks." I pull myself under the blankets. "And I'm sure his strings will loosen when he realizes how much money I could make him."

"You don't know for sure that you'll be a money maker." I turn my lamp off and turn the away from Seth.

"I can though. I will listen to what Vince has to say and his ideas had clearly made money. Therefor I will be a money maker." I mumble with my eyes closed.

"Whatever you say Miss Jay." He chuckles. "Just make sure that when you get screwed over that you don't come crying to me."

"That was never the plan." I honestly state. "I would never come crying to you even if we were the last people on earth. I can solve my own problems."

"Yeah." He scoffs. "Right."

"Hey, I know that was a lie but that doesn't mean you have to be an ass about it. I would also appreciate it if you didn't tell Jon about my signing."

"I don't knooooow." He drags out the 'o' sound and I turn to him.

"Seriously. You can't tell him. I'm doing this for him, I need to be independent."

"I'll keep the secret safe as long as you tell me one thing." He ties his hair back and I look over.

"What's that?" I sit up. I'm finding it very odd that we haven't killed each other yet. I don't recall a time when I was actually in the same room as him and not arguing.

"Why are you so hostile toward me? I don't even know what I did." He tucks his hands under his pillow and gets comfy.

"It's the way I grew up. I hate to break it to you but you remind me of an ex boyfriend and he was one that I am not particularly proud of."

"So you hate me because of someone else?"

"In a nutshell." I shrug before turning back over.

"Why though? I've never done anything to hurt you."

"You can blame a man named Keaton for your troubles, ask Jon who he is." See there I go. Ask Jon. I need to break that habit.

"Why don't you just tell me?" He asks.

"You had your question, we're done here. Goodnight." I nervously answer and he shakes his head. Maybe my confidence needs to be boosted but I can't help but get nervous when my past is brought up.

---

Morning..

"You just let her sign it without any other closure?!" Jon whisper yells. What a great way to wake up.

"She hates me what am I supposed to do? You'd beat the shit outta me if I yelled at her and most of the time that's the only way to get a point across to her." He whisper helps back.