Chapter 5

The question is so bizarre that she whirled around to stare at him. When her eyes fall on how white his knuckles are due to the strength with which he's gripping the steering wheel, she realises he is serious about it.

"Ah, well, um...I don't know, to be honest. I would be grateful to have their affections but...I wouldn't want to ruin a perfect friendship for something that may not work out and turn into something bitter." she fidgeted lightly.

"I....see."

She observed him carefully to determine why he sounded so disappointed at her reply but no proper answer comes. With all the contemplation going through her head, she never remembered herself slipping into sleep.

Sometime later she is roused from her dreamland when Boruto nudged her.

"Sarada. Wake up, we're here!"

Her eyes blinked open and she looked around only to gasp in delight when she is able to confirm that they're on the parking of the Uchiha mansion. He laughed at her excitement before climbing out of the car to gather their stuff. She got out and is about to help him when she heard a very familiar voice calling out her name.

She whipped her head to look and the source and is then hardly able to control herself before running across the length and launching herself into the awaiting arms of her uncle. The man looked down at her and his eyes are the warmest onyx she's ever seen.

"Welcome home, Sarada."

His voice is that calm baritone, rich and heavy and the one that Sarada cherished more than she could describe in words.

"Yo Uncle!"

Boruto's greeting floated over to them as her uncle stepped to help him with load and gestured Sarada to go ahead. Sarada happily skipped over to the door and pushed it open only to be glomped up by a loving embrace.

"Auntie!" Sarada exclaimed, returning the embrace before being ambushed by her grandmother.

"Welcome sweetheart!" Sarada found herself basking in the motherly warmth of the older lady before her eyes focus on the happy blur of red in front of them and then the entire room comes in her vision.

Boruto's grandmother - Uzumaki Kushina is the one in front of her. Her grandfather is standing there as well, with a small genuine smile on his face. Boruto's grandpa and dad are there too and then she sees her parents climbing down the stairs. Her mother is smiling brightly in greeting and she could see it, her Papa's gaze is laced with affection. And it is out of nowhere when she collides with a whirlwind of dark blue.

"Sarada!" Himawari looked up at her with the same eyes as her brother and Sarada grinned at her.

When the commotion is a little calmed, her grandmother seemed a little too eager.

"So, where is he?"

This is the direction that Sarada was dreading the most. She had hoped in vain that her grandmother had forgotten about this whole boyfriend fiasco but apparently she was wrong. And funnily enough, Kushina looked every bit as excited as her grandmother if not more.

"He?"

Sarada tried her best to feign innocence but it seemed like her grandmother was having none of it.

"Yes, your mysterious boyfriend of two years who was finally coming home to see us. With you."

Sarada looked at her mother for support but instead was met by an amused curious gaze. She gulped loudly and told herself -

Here goes nothing.

As soon as Boruto entered the room she grabbed his arm and dragged him into the middle of the room, presenting him to all elders.