Prologue

Prologue

I don't quite remember why I had ever been so apprehensive to find my mate. Having my mate here with me has been the best thing to ever happen to me. Seeing him smile lights up my world. Seeing him play with the children on the play set outside is a wonderful sight.

"Daniel, are you alright? You've been spacing out quite a bit lately."

I jumped and looked down at my mate with a smile. His hazel eyes shining in the light of the sun. "I'm alright love, just thinking."

Looking around now, I notice that the children aren't outside anymore so they must have all gone inside. With a sigh, I wrap my arms around my mate, rocking us back and forth.

"Love, when was the last time we had a night to just spend being lazy?" I sounded strained, but I all honesty I am strained; getting little to no sleep for about three days tends to do that to a person.

"I don't know, but we can do that tonight." He grinned up at me, and if it weren't for the fact that I'm so tired he would have already been stripped of his clothes and bent over.

"That sounds wonderful," leaning my face down I caught his lips with mine in a chaste and gentle kiss. "I love you."

I could feel him smile against my lips, "I love you too."

----------------------------------------- This is the first book in the 'Is' series. This is also the first book in the mash up series of the five series I will be writing: Is, Mine, Lunar Dust, Crimson, and Wolf.  I hope you guys enjoy and like this new set of series.