Chapter 38 | "end this"

The sun was shining brightly as Minji took a stroll down the main street. In the eye of the public, with tons of people and cars all over, she felt secure.

That was, until she noticed a figure pacing beside her, matching her every step. She slowly turned her head to take a look, a slight gasp leaving her mouth as her hands began to tremble.

"Shh, I'm not here to do anything bad." The boy said in a low voice. "I'm just here to talk."

"F-Felix." She stuttered out nervously.

"It's alright, remember we didn't want to hurt you." He warned, seeing her take a deep breath.

"What do you want?"

"To end this." He replied simply, shocking the small girl. "As you can tell, this wasn't our fight. I'm here to offer peace."

"Alright, what does that mean then?"

"NCT is a powerful gang and we don't want anymore trouble. We'll stop hunting you, stop hurting you, stop everything revolving around NCT if you can promise that your gang will not retaliate against Stray Kids for our actions this far." Felix said with a nod.

"So what? You just want me to say I promise you?"

"No, we are requesting a formal investigation. Here is the location, it's a neutral zone between our two territories. 7pm tomorrow. We can settle it all there and I assure you that Stray Kids will bring you no harm."

"Can I bring backup?" She asked.

"It's only natural for you to be afraid, so sure. No more than two other members though, as only 3 members of Stray Kids will be in attendance." He warned. "We don't want this to become a battle."

"Fine. I'll see you there."

Felix flashed her a smile, dipping his head politely before disappearing into the crowd of people and leaving her all alone.

- - -

"Are you kidding, Minji? Absolutely not. No way."

"Come on, Taeyong, we have to do this!" She argued back, a few of them gathered in the leader's office. "I want to be done with them, don't you?"

"It's too dangerous, how do we know we can trust them?" He argued.

"I already told you that they weren't the ones that hurt me, and they even said I could bring two other people for safety."

"She's got a point, Tae." Johnny piped up. "It would be nice to just have this done snd over with, don't you think?"

"If they're saying they want peace with us, we should just give it to them." Jaehyun agreed. "Hasn't this done enough damage already?"

Taeyong looked between the three of them, the encouraging nod from Kun being the final thing to push him over the edge. He let out a sigh, his shoulders dropping in defeat.

"Alright fine, but I'm going with you." He said.

"Yay!" Minji squealed. "Who else should go?"

"Well, who else do you trust the most? Who can you work the best with if worst comes to worst and you need to fight your way out?" Kun asked the girl.

"Haechan?"

"No way." Johnny said with a firm shake of his head. "He's far too unpredictable with you right now."

"Alright then Sungchan." She sighed. "Taeyong, Sungchan, and I."

The older boys exchanged glances, nodding their heads in approval.