𝐢𝐢𝐢. ᴘʀᴏʙʟᴇᴍs ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴇᴠᴀʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

03 : Problems And Revelations

LOGAN WAS NOT ONE FOR SWEETS, but he could not say no to Emily's homemade muffins

LOGAN WAS NOT ONE FOR SWEETS, but he could not say no to Emily's homemade muffins. So instead he just sat at the table of Sam Uley's house - flipping through the newspaper in mock interest.

His friend had told him he was going to retrieve the pack for them to meet the Fae and in return, Logan would explain what he was. Quite a simple and fair deal. So now he sat, keeping Emily company and engaging in conversation with the imprint.

"So you've known Sam-"

"I've known him since before I could walk. Our mothers were fond of each other, so playdates were always a must." Logan then blinked and ran and hand over his jaw. "Yep be honest we were none too pleased with being forced to hang out with each other."

"What changed?" Emily asked as she mixed the batter and the Fae hummed.

Logan sighed and looked out onto the forest "My grandfather passed away."

The human stopped moving and looked towards the ravenette. "He was my mother's father and we had always been close, and when he died I ran away. Sam found me and we just talked and that's when I knew I could trust him."

"Well," Emily took a breath and sat a tea in front of Logan with a sweet smile. "I'm glad you two could reunite."

"You and me both."

LOGAN STOPPED MID-LAUGH WHEN THERE WAS A SUDDEN CHANGE IN THE, AND A FEELING OF DREAD FILLED HIM

LOGAN STOPPED MID-LAUGH WHEN THERE WAS A SUDDEN CHANGE IN THE, AND A FEELING OF DREAD FILLED HIM. Emily watched as he jumped from his seat and before her eyes, he had disappeared into thin air.

Teleporting was a tricky thing to master, you had to concentrate and know exactly where you were going. But, if you knew who it was you needed to get to. Logan knew neither of these things so it was no surprise when he ended up in the middle of the forest.

Then he heard it, the sound of a wolf's growl and he took off. Fae's were fast, not vampire fast (that was only when they flew) But they could easily outrun a shifter if need be.

The forest blurred around him and before too long he entered an opened area in the woods. He recognized the small house, and he could make out Sam with two other boys - they were trying to calm a shifter.

The wolf was massive with silver fur and a white underbelly, but before he could dwell on it his eyes landed on a familiar head of brunette hair.

"BELLA!" He was in front of her in a second, arms wrapping around her as the wolf went to lunge. Logan had them on the porch within the next breath or so - his niece still in his embrace and he watched as the wolf snarled at them.

Logan growled back, eyes flashing blue and he let Bella go and jumped over the railing of the porch and placed himself in between the girl and shifter.

The silver creature rumbled a deep groan in his throat and the ravenette narrowed his eyes.

"Lo-Logan." Bella breathed out and flinched when the back door flew open and outran Jacob, though he paused at the scene before him.

Logan Swan was never one to back down from a fight, and Sam Uley knew that better than anyone. That, however, was not his concern, no his concern was getting his best friend to safety.

The Fae, however, only narrowed his eyes and watched as the wolf paced back in forth in front of him. The ground groaned beneath his feet and the winds howled louder and when the shutter lunged once again, Logan was ready.

A tree root erupted from the ground and wrapped around the wolf's leg - flinging him away and Logan raised his other hand, the palm glowing.

"If your smart you'll stay down and cool off." Logan huffed and stood up straight.

The wolf only snarled.

The Fae smirked and clenched his fists clenched. "As you wish. Sam get Bella out of here. I'll deal with the wolf."

"Logan- Paul didn't mean to he's-" Sam tried to explain and Logan cut him off with a laugh, dropping his defenses on again.

"Paul Lahote, I should have known you would have been a shifter." Logan chuckled and the wolf, Paul, paused tilting his head to the side.

The Fae turned to face his niece who watched him with wide, fearful eyes and Logan's heart clenched. He made a moved towards her and his face fell when she flinched away from him.

"She's just scared, Logan." Sam clapped his shoulder and gestured for Jared, Embry, and Jacob to leave with the human.

"Yeah." of me lingered in his head and although he didn't say it out loud, Sam heard him loud and clear.

"Come on you two, let's go on a run and cool off. We'll meet them back at Emily's later."

Logan watched his niece before following after the two shifters and once again the forest blurred around them.

'She's scared of you.'