02 : planning

"It's Veronica DeGarda" Travis said over the phone. Travis was like my secretary and assistant while Jared was more of my second in command. I picked up the line that she was on.

"Hello?" 

"Hi, it's Veronica, Alessandro's sister. I had wanted to talk to you to start planning the wedding. When are you free?" She asked. With the phone pressed against my ear, I moved some of my papers over to look at my planner. 

"I am free today after 3pm." I stated. I had to finish a meeting with one of the hotels at 2, and then I would be relatively free afterwards. 

"Great, that sounds perfect! I am very excited to get to know you" Veronica said excitedly, and in the bottom of my heart I felt bad disappointing her. She wasn't going to learn much about me, just help plan this wedding. I was looking for friendship. 

"The DeGarda house at 3. See you then" I replied, and hung up. I sihged, and plowed through work in order for me to get everything in time for the meeting and then planning.

I was dressed in pair of nice dark jeans, a pair of black high heels, a white shirt, and my black blazer. The meeting had gone sucessfully, with only a few threats, and now I was headed to the DeGarda's. I was dreading this whole process entirely. All I wanted to do was get this over with. I knew this was going to be hard for me emotionally, which is the last thing I wanted to do.

When I was younger, I planned this huge elaborate wedding with the prince charming of my dreams. Everything was perfectly planned out. Mom and I had created a huge book with different clippings and all. I was my mother's baby girl. 

But this was before Ma died and other things happened. This was when I felt and like having emotions. 

I pulled up into their driveway, and pulled around the circle. I stepped out of the car, and rang the doorbell.

"Calysta! Come on in! It's so good to see you." Veronica said, as she led me inside the house to her "office". She had a bunch of wedding books on her desk, and there were a couple of stickynotes marking pages in them already.

"Would you like anything to drink or eat? Tea? Coffee?" she asked as one of the maids had come over, and I shook my head.

"No thank you" I replied politely, and Veronica nodded.

"Okay, now let's get down to business. What theme would you like for the wedding?" she asked, pullin gout a pad of paper and a pen.

"I dont really care for a theme. Anything elegant" I replied, as she nodded. 

"okay. Flowers?" She asked.

"White flowers - I like white roses and orchids?" I said, thinking back to the book. I might as well use my ideas from there as it doesn't seem like I'm getting another wedding anytime soon. I may not like the idea of this wedding and being forced to marry this arrogant jerk, but I might as well make my wedding as perfect as can be. 

"Ah I can see it now" Veronica exclaimed, and began writing down more notes. I peeked over, looking at what she was writing and overall approved of what she was writing.

"okay, so when are you free so that we can get a dress?" Veronica asked. I pulled out my IPhone, and looked through my availability. 

"As of right now, I am free Thursday from 4-6" I said, and she nodded.

"Okay, we'll go then. I'll pick you up" she said, and we both got up and headed out.

"What are you doing here, sexy lady?" Alessandro asked, as he came around the corner as we walked down the hallway. I rolled my eyes, and continued walking, ignoring him. Well that's what I would have done, if Veronica hadn't stopped to talk to him, so of course I stopped as well.

"We were just planning for the wedding" Veronica said excitedly.

"Why didn't you tell me? I want a say in it" he said, like a two year old spoiled brat. I just shook my head.

"It's going to be a perfect wedding. She has such a good vision" Veronica said and I smiled gratefully at her.

"Thank you, Veronica. Now I would love to stop and chat, Mr. DeGarda, but I actually have work to do" I said, fake smiling, and turned around and walked away. I headed down the stairs, and went out the front door to my car.

When I arrived home, there was a bunch of messages. I groaned inwardly, knowing this was not good news. at all. Whenever I got these many messages, there was either a war approaching or something bad would happen soon. 

"Tell me" I ordered, as I basically dragged Travis and Jared into my office. When I entered my office, Pa was sitting down in my desk, looking stressed and incredibly unhappy. I took a deep breath, that face was something I had only seen once before, when Ma died. 

I sat down in my chair, and looked at the three gentleman that stood before me.

Alessandro's POV

That bitch! What nerve does she have to say that I dont have work to do? I'm head of my family just like she is of hers. I bet she's the one who does nothing. 

I looked over Veronica's notes of the wedding, and actually thought the wedding would look great, although I would never admit it to Calysta. That was something you never do: admit defeat. 

I stormed angrily back to my office, and decided to do some more work. If I could, there would be steam blowing out of my ears by now. I slammed the door to my office closed, shaking a few things in my room. 

This marriage was going to be interesting.