Chapter 3

" I..I don't know" I said looking at my hands. was it magic? I thought. I don't know what it was but whatever it is I was scared of it. "I can't stay. I might be a dangerous" I said picking up my knife and putting it away. "Phoenix don't be silly" Oliver said stepping in front of my path. "Oliver I'm sorry but I don't know what I am. I might hurt you" I said pushing him aside. "Phoenix you need our help" he said looking at Jasper then me. "You can't help me" I said looking down seeing my hands shaking. I felt faint. I started losing feeling in my legs. "Oliver" I said then started to fall but he quickly caught me. and that's all I remembered.
I woke up feeling dizzy and hot. I felt a wet cloth over my head and the dirt under me. "uhh" I groaned. Oliver came to my side. "what happened" I found words to say. "you fainted and you where burning hot" he said taking the cloth away and putting his back side of his hand to my forehead. "your still kinda warm" he said. "Fever?" I asked. "I don't know, you where really hot. like you felt like you were on fire" He said with concern on his face. You could always tell when he was concern or scared. His lips would clench hard and his eye brows would lift up. "I'm fine" I said. "Phoenix we have to leave this place soon" he said ignoring my lie. "for your safety". I wanted to say I'm fine again, but he was right. I saw Jasper in the corner of my eyes he was gathering supplies. "okay let's go" I said getting up. "Phoenix you need to rest" he said putting his hand on my shoulder. "I can't sit here and do nothing" I said with a laugh. "you know your very stubborn " he said giving out a small chuckle. "Your to soft" I said smiling showing that I was being funny. I heard a burst of laughter from Jasper. Oliver gave him a deadly look and he was quite.
When I woke up the next morning Jasper and Oliver where already to leave. "we leaving nooow" I said with a yawn. "Ya Jasper spotted three men this morning in the meadow" Oliver said. "Great" I said trying to get up. Jasper came over and picked me up off my feet. Oliver had strength but Jasper was very strong. "Let's go!" Oliver said leading the way. I clung on to Jaspers neck and let my feet dangle to the side. I could tell Oliver was jealous. there's was no reason to be I didn't think of Jasper in that way. After awhile I finally broke the silence. "So Jasper where do you come from?" I asked. At first he said nothing but when he thought about it he said "I'm from the Woods people" he said looking ashamed of it. the woods people are another tribe. There men who live like wild men. "Oh... miss it?" I said. " no... not at all" he said with a laugh. "Bet you never seen a gun before" Oliver said turning around so he was walking backwards. "Ya I've seen one never been shot with one till two days ago though" Jasper said losing his smile. Oliver said nothing not even a sorry. "where are you from" he asked me. " I come from the Totans" I said trying not to think of my mother and Zander. "City girl huh" he said looking at me with that questionable smile. "how 'bout you Olly boy?" He said. Oliver was quite. "he doesn't like to mention it" I said looking at Oliver. "Where are we going" I ask Oliver. "Friends of mine" he said.