Chapter 8: Hiding something

Jai's P.O.V:

Heather and I just made up, im so glad she understood. I am just sitting on my bed hugging Heather while i process our whole conversation. "So i could forget about the fact that I-" That's what i said, those 9 words kept echoing inside my head. Luckily i stopped myself before i ruined my whole friendship AGAIN. "Love you" I would have said to complete the sentence. Thank God, i stopped talking. My feelings could potentially ruin my whole friendship with my best friend and relationship with my brother. 'Cut it out Jai' i kept telling myself. I can't love Heather, she is dating my brother. "Okay think of all her flaws and maybe you wont like her as much" I thought to myself. Nothing. Nothing is wrong with her, she is perfect. Why does Beau always get the girls? Especially this one, the one I want to myself. Why isn't she with me?

"Jai?" she said breaking my train of thought. "Yeah?" "My dad wants me home, considering I've spent my last week with you boys, I promise we will do our movie night tomorrow night. Forgive me?" 'Always, Tell Peter i said Hey" "Will do, bye" And with that she stopped hugging me and left. 

"Good Boy" Beau said as he walked in my room. "What?" I said as I looked up from my laptop screen. "You made up with my Girlfriend" Beau said smiling. "She was Heather before your girlfriend so maybe call her that?" I said in a harsh tone. I was still angry at him and I know exactly why. He has the girl of my dreams and I cant do anything about it. "What ever, where did HEATHER go?" he asked, emphasising 'Heather'. "She wants a break from you to have some time with her dad" "Okay" he said and walked out. Stop being so rude to Beau, Come on, he doesnt even know you like her and if he did know im sure he wouldnt have asked her out in the first place, if only you told him. Why do i keep talking to myself? I could never tell Heather i loved her, even keeping this secret from Luke is hard enough, he is my brother, i tell him everything. Well now, not everything.

Beau's P.O.V:

Fair to say i miss Heather, i know its only been a couple of hours but i just wanna cuddle her. My excuse? Its cold outside. I got changed into my obey grey jumper and threw on some trackies along with my vans. I grabbed my phone and the time was 12:34am. She will still be up. I slipped into my mum's room "Mum, I'm spending the night at Heather's" i informed her. "Okay Sweetie." She said in a half asleep voice. I unlocked the door and shut it locked behind me. I walked across the lawn and walked into Heather's back yard. I started throwing rocks at Heather's window hoping to wake her up. My phone started ringing and Heather came up as the caller ID.

(Phone call)

(B= Beau.     H= Heather)

B= Hello.

H= Beau? Beau, I'm scared. There is tapping on my window. I don't know what it is, but its too dark to look outside, im so frightened.

I couldn't stop myself from laughing.

B= Babe, I'm sure it's nothing. Maybe the wind, maybe your just hearing things.

H= Beau! I am not hearing things, can't you come and  hold me while i'm scared.

B= I'm sorry Heather, i cant tonight. I'm out.

H= Oh okay, well goodnight.

B= Goodnight Princess.

(end of phone call)

I started to climb her tree. Once i reached her bedroom window, i started to open it. I heard her scream so i jumped in. "BEAU PETER BROOKS YOU PLAYED ME!'  She screamed at me, she was slightly relieved it was me. "Beau, you gave me a heart attack, i was so scared" She punched me. "Hey!" i laughed. I put my hands on her shoulders and looked her deep in the eye. "Babe, if there was tapping at your window and i knew it wasn't me, I would there in a heartbeat to protect you" She sort of forgived me after that. "What are you doing here anyway?" "What can i see my girlfriend?" I playfully quizzed. "Of course you can" she said while pulling me down on her bed. I kissed her and she kissed back. Our tongues battled eachother. My hands were on her waist where i dropped them to her upper thigh. I was moving my hand up and down her thigh. I could feel her smile as we continued to kiss. Her hands were wrapped around me neck. She broke away. "Beau, do me a favour and turn the light off" I gave her a cheeky smile. "Are you sure your ready?" I asked. I didn't want to do this if she wasnt up for. She raised her eyebrow then chuckled "Beau, the light please" I got up off the bed and turned the light off. The night was ours.

The next morning I woke up with my arms around Heather's waist, after last night she slipped into a new pair of undies and a clean black bra. I had put my boxers back on and my trackies. "Morning Beautiful" I said as i woke her with kisses starting from her collar bone leading up to her jaw. She giggled "Hey Baby." I hopped out of bed and went to the bathroom, when i came back Heather was getting ready for her shower. It was Monday meaning she had school. I popped down stairs and put some toast in her toaster and made her breakfast. "Morning Beau" Peter greeted me. "Hey Pete, i hope you dont mind that i stayed last night." "No worries there champ. Don't you have work?" he asked me. "Yeah, im just making Heather some breakfast before i go home and get ready." "Okay kiddo, by the way, family dinner at ours tonight remind your mum." "Will do." Peter walked back up stairs and got ready himself to go to work. Soon Heather came down in her uniform. "I didn't know someone could look so sexy in a Penola Uniform" I told her as i wrapped my arms around her waist. "Well now you know" She teased. "I got to get ready for work. I'll see you later tonight" I gave her a kiss and then headed for the door, before i stepped out the door she stopped me "Beau. Thanks for last night" she said with a sexy voice and a wink. I gave her a cheeky smile and left to get ready. Thinking about it, Last night was pretty amazing to say the least.