17. Forgive But Never Forget

"Hey baby" I said giving Zoe a kiss. She was chilling at my apartment. I saw her car when I was parking .

"Hey bae" she said focused on the tv.

I paused it. "What did you say to Taylor?"

She laughed a little. "Awww, why? She said I said something.... That's a pussy move, why couldn't she come to me if something I said bothered her"

I groaned "bae I told you not to go back and forth with her."

"She should've left my girl alone. She wanted to try to be funny as soon as she was far enough away, but I can be hilarious." She said pressing play.

Ugghhh the whole situation is stressing me out. I left her in the living room and took a long ass shower. I stayed in there until I felt the water turning on me.

Maybe Zoe is right. Maybe I can't have both the relationship and the job. Everytime I feel like shits calm down there's new drama. I'm over here planning a wedding I don't even agree with. I know Taylor shouldn't marry her. Their relationship is not love... it's just a contract. It's like she's signing another deal.

    Zoe thinks Taylor's only marrying Destiny so soon because Destiny is jealous. She knows Taylor has a thing for studs.. and me specifically. I get what Zoe  said about her now.  I definitely get that vibe from Destiny too.

She tries to act so confident but I can just tell she's insecure.

As Taylor assistant I'm trying to just mind my business and do what she asks, but it just feels so wrong. What's the point of getting married just to face a life of cheating on each other.

I was cuddling with Zoe that night when my phone started going off. It was Taylor calling. I hesitated to answer but Zoe saw the name and wasn't going to let it go.

"Hello?" I answered with the phone up to my ear.

"Hey is Zoe there?"

".. yea"

Zoe paused the Tv being nosey.

"Good, put the phone on speaker."

"Taylor.."

"I'm not calling on no petty shit, just put it on speaker."

I didn't want to but I knew Zoe was going to tell me to anyway.

I put it on speaker.

"Am I on speaker?"

"Yea."

"Okay, I just want to start out by apologizing... I know I caused a whole lot of drama by not respecting boundaries.I was being childish, and selfish.."

"And stupid" Zoe added in.

"And stupid" Taylor agreed. "But that's not how I want shit to be.. Zoe you been my ride or die since day one. We've been through hella shit, we've both hurt each other but we always squash that shit.. because at the end of the day, we bros before anything..."

I could see Zoe's face soften as Taylor talked.

"And Casey, we might not have known each other for that long but we been cool as fuck since we met. If we had just kept it that way all this drama wouldn't even be happening right now.... I'm calling because I'm done with pettiness and the arguing.I can't get married without my bestfriend and my new friend being a part of it. I want y'all both to be my grooms.... And I know it's a lot to ask considering how shits been going recently but I really want to put that behind us. I talked to Destiny too and we agreed, if you guys are willing to be in my wedding we all have to get along."