Breakfast in Paris

Stepping through the large revolving door, Naruto and Hinata exited the hotel onto a busy Parisian street. She watched closely as blue eyes scanned this way and that, then with a shrug Naruto started down the sidewalk.

Hinata followed closely behind, "wait, do you even know where we're going?"

"I don't," Naruto grinned. "But isn't that the beauty of it?"

Her eyes widened, both surprised and confused. "What do you mean? Where did you want to eat breakfast? I can look up the directions!"

"I haven't decided where we should eat yet, I figured if we walked around something would speak to us."

Hinata's mind was reeling at such an idea. She had always feared wasting her time or worse getting lost, she never in her life thought to just wander around a city she didn't know. She was a planner, liked to have all the details figured out before she set foot out the door. Despite her reservations, she quietly walked beside Naruto.

Catching her nervous expression, Naruto spoke up, "Is that okay with you?"

Hinata glanced over to him, never realizing how expressive her face was. "Oh, um, I mean I guess it's fine."

"Don't worry!" he laughed, "its Paris, there's plenty of good places to eat!" Hinata supposed that was true, she just always enjoyed researching restaurants and reading reviews before she ate somewhere. Maybe it could be fun, Naruto seemed confident at least and it wouldn't really be a waste of time if she was spending it with him.

They walked for several minutes in companionable silence, Hinata just taking in the sights around her. She grew up in a big city, but still, other cities, especially those in other countries had such a different character and charm to them.

Hinata was enjoying herself and the beautiful morning, but a question was nagging at the back of her mind. Finding the courage, she muttered, "umm, can I ask you something, Naruto?"

He turned to her, "What's up?"

"Why did you invite me out to breakfast?"

He averted his gaze, as a smile spread over his lips. "Oh, uhhh." Naruto scratched his cheek nervously. "I guess I just got a glimpse of a different you last night, and I wanted to know more."

"Last night never happened so I don't know what you mean," Hinata deadpanned.

Naruto let out a hearty laugh and she could help but blush. There was something so charming about his happy, carefree nature.

"What I meant to say was I was just curious what you might be like outside of work. I can tell you're very serious about your job - which don't get me wrong, I appreciate! - but I guess for a while I had just assumed you were very serious outside of work too... and that you wouldn't be interested in hanging out with a guy like me."

Hinata raised her brow at that. 'A guy like him'? He was a very handsome and successful pilot, who practically exuded warmth and confidence. Everyone wanted to hang out with him! His self-deprecation surprised her, she wasn't sure what to say. And his assumption that she was serious outside of work was actually pretty accurate, but she wasn't about to correct him now.

She nearly jumped when all of a sudden Naruto gasped excitedly. "That's perfect!" he said with a cheeky grin.

She followed his line of sight thinking a cafe 'spoke to him', only to find him bounding toward a Vespa rental kiosk. "Oh jeez," Hinata muttered as she followed after him. When she caught up, he was speaking with the salesman... in French?!

Naruto turned giving her a bright smile as he jingled the small keys near his face. "You wanna go for a ride?"

Hinata nervously clenched her hands, as he hopped on a shiny, candy apple colored scooter. "Umm, do you even know how to drive one of those things?"