ωelcoмe τo geeк-cenτrαl

"Can I offer you a seat in first class?" Zayn grinned at the blond girl staring at him with some sort of annoyed look on her face. "It's quite comfortable up there, I promise."

"Then why aren't you up there pretty boy?"

Zayn held back a cringe long enough to chuckle under his breath and subtly study her figure. Her posture was defensive, which was more than a huge change from the girls he met on a day to day basis. Her hand was on her hip, one blond eyebrow raised and her green eyes were narrowed. He tried to stop the bubbling feeling in his chest at thinking he had no clue who she was. It was either that or she was a very good actor because he didn't even think Liam could pull off that face for long.

Running a hand through his hair, he stared at his shoes before glancing back at her, "I like this seat better."

"Well so do I, now if you don't mind -" The nameless girl scowled, earning another laugh from him. That half-pout, half-frown did not look pretty on her face at all. "I'd like to sit in my seat, please."

Sighing heavily, Zayn heard her scoff as he stood up. He could just imagine her thinking he was being dramatic, but she'd be reluctant and trying to do anything but sit in first class too if she had a girlfriend like his own.

"Nice meeting you ma'am," Zayn grinned, enjoying her huff even more the second time.

She rolled her eyes, making him laugh and dig his hands into his pockets. She waved absently, "Yeah, sure, you too pretty boy." 

~ ~ ~

"Hi there and welcome to brain-" a couple girls giggled nearest the greeter, "my apologizes, I've been told it's not polite to call you lovely, top 15 geniuses part of 'brain camp'. But can we be honest with ourselves -"

Lorraine saw the woman who had stomped on the young male's toes earlier face palm. Unlike the business looking woman, Lorraine was amused by him, just like everyone else accepted into Bradford's Engineering Program. Sure she may have been exhausted from the long flight, but it didn't hurt that the one giving them instructions on their stay was a complete dreamboat. It made it a whole lot easier to listen than if he was a cane-walking professor.

Earlier she found herself quite giggly at the prospect that the main tour-guide of her entire summer was only four years older than her. A bunch of other girls she'd met in her same program even agreed, if their gossip was any sort of indication. But then he had to give a similar grin to the egotistical boy on the plane, and abruptly changed her whole perspective quite fast.

Who did he think he was, Pretty-Plane-Boy, offering her first class? Did he think she was stupid? If she'd taken the seat, ultimately giving up her own, and then realizing he didn't have a seat ... Honestly, did she think she was as stupid as her exterior seemed?

Standing up uncomfortably tall and straight backed, Lorraine shifted. She hoped she didn't look stupid. As much as she liked to play down her intelligence and blend into the background, she really didn't want people thinking she was some stupid stereotypical blond who fell for anything.

Suddenly the group of intellects also accepted into Bradford's scholarship program, all standing around Lorraine, erupted into whispers and giggles. She jumped and tried to return to her world.

"So, in summary for those of you more interested in the flat than my dashing good looks," the speaker tousled his auburn hair, smiling at the few girls nearest him before turning to grin knowingly at the boys being accepted into the program. The really did look more interested in appraising the place they'd be staying for the next three months than listen to him. And myself too, I guess, Lorraine thought I'd much rather do something else than stare at him.